Chapter 5

Luke’s POV

As soon as Rose was gone, I growled and slammed John against the wall. He stood up straight, popping his neck. He straightened out his coat and looked at me. “Watch it pup. You’re on my territory. Now, what do you want with little old me?”

I growled again, balling me hands into fists. “What are you doing with the human girl?”

He looked back down the hall Rose ran through. “Why do you care? I don’t see why this concerns you.”

I growled again and crossed my arms. “Werewolves are supposed to protect the mortals. If you don’t leave her alone, you’re going to hurt her. She’s just an ordinary human. When she finds out about you, she’ll be horrified.”

He turned back to me and glared. “I don’t really care what you dogs think. Now if you’ll excuse me…”

He quietly spun on his heel, leaving a fuming werewolf behind. I watched as Rose came around the corner. Her face lit up when she saw John, and I wanted nothing more than to be him right then. I wanted her to smile at me whenever she saw me. I wanted her to feel the pull I feel.

John took her in his arms, and when they broke apart, he kissed her. Before I could stop myself, I let out a low, threatening growl. Rose froze, moving back and looking around. John shot me a harsh glare, and, taking Rose’s hand, he quickly left the mall.

I had to stop myself from running after them and tearing his head off. Rose was going to be mine, and I wasn’t going to share her with ANYONE. Especially a filthy, disgusting creature like John Highlington.

Rose’s POV

When we pulled into my driveway, I just sat there for a few more seconds. Finally I turned to John. “You can come in if you want to.”

He smiled, hopping out of the car. He slid across the front of the car to my side and opened the door. I smiled, gently stepping out of the car. “Are your parent’s home?” he asked, taking my hand.

I shook my head. “They’re at work, like usual. If you want, we can watch a movie, or I can get us some ice cream and we can just relax in the living room.”

He laughed, kissing my forehead. “I think I’d like something a little more… fun.” I tilted my head, looking at him blankly. “You know, we could get a little cozy, get to know each other a little more?” Still, I didn’t know what he was talking about. He laughed, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. “I love how innocent you are. You have no idea what I’m talking about, do you?”

I shook my head, and he laughed again. Thankfully, he dropped the subject. I unlocked the door, turning the light on. I looked around my big living room. With the flat screen TV, 2 long couches, and 2 recliners, the room was very welcoming. I told John to stay here while I went to my room, but of course he followed me. He hasn’t been past the living room before, so he was turning his head this way and that, until he finally met my eye. He looked impressed.

I hurried up the stairs with John next to me, and I turned to the first door at the right. My door was open, and I looked around my large room. The walls were lime green, and the trim was white. My queen size bed was pushed into the corner. I had a medium size dresser, (which wasn’t even close to being full), and I had a comfy chair in the corner opposite my bed.

I was pretty simple; not asking for a lot, and I was fine with little. John leaned against the doorframe as I set my bag on the bed. I turned back to him, but stopped when I saw him. He had moved and was standing behind me. I stopped and smiled at him. He had dark, brown hair and was 6’1. His eyes were a dark blue, and he had the slightest hint of facial hair. You could tell he had a six pack, and every girl at our school said that his shirts didn’t do him justice.