Chapter 14

The slide show won't work, so here's the link for the photos of John, Luke, and Rose ~~~ http://s1128.photobucket.com/albums/m492/KenzieJenkins/Rose/

Luke's POV

I couldn't get Rose out of my head. The embarrassing thing was that I couldn't keep my mental block up, and so people knew I was thinking about her non-stop. Every time it dropped, however, Sophie would warn me about it.

I was in my room when I heard the call. It was from my Beta, Daniel. He had gone out with his twin brother, Michael, along with the elder Jake, and my brother, Caleb. And apparently, they had run across a rogue shifter.

I ran out of the house, and Sophie was close behind me. After I changed, I turned to her before she could shift.

*Soph, you need to stay here. We don't know how dangerous this rogue could be. Shifters are never predictable.* I warned her through the pack link.

She crossed her arms, and I could tell she was annoyed. *Luke, I'm capable of protecting myself. And you're not the Alpha yet; I don't have to listen to you.* Before I could say anything else, she shifted.

I growled, taking off at a sprint. *Well, since you're too stubborn to stay we're it's safe, you should stay a few miles away from the clearing. In case the shifter bolts.* I added before she complained.

Reluctantly, she agreed. Well, that was easier than I thought it was going to be.

She stopped a few seconds before I did, and I heard her start to circle around the clearing as I burst through the trees.

The first thing that hit me was the delicious smell. Inside, my wolf yelled 'Mate!'

I shook my head slightly. It wasn't possible. But as I looked at the black leopard in front of me, I had no doubt it was her.

She looked up at me, and her eyes were a deep gold. I stepped back slightly. *Rose?*

Daniel heard my question, and he actually had the nerve to laugh at me! *This can't be her. She's human. This is a shifter. Man, I think you're losing it. You need to get her off your mind. It's seriously starting to creep me out.*

I turned to him, growling. *Daniel, this has to be her. I would recognize my mate anywhere.*

Daniel shook his head as I ran through the front layer of trees, we're I shifted. Walking over to a hollow tree, I reached into it, pulling out a clean pair of clothes. No matter how much my wolf wanted to show off our body to our mate, I didn't want to scare her by waking out in all my glory.

But I did decide to throw the shirt back in. I agreed with my wolf that much; I wanted to show off my six pack. And I'm proud to say, that as I walked back into the clearing, her eyes were glued to my chest. After a few seconds, her eyes checked out the rest of my body. My wolf was satisfied that our mate liked what she saw; it was obvious she did.

I stepped up to Daniel, crossing my arms in front of my chest. "Change forms." I ordered, my Alpha tone slipping in the command, giving her no choice but to listen.

As she shifted, I couldn’t help but marvel at her beauty. After a few seconds, Rose was back in her human form, looking more beautiful than ever. Smiling, I turned to Daniel. *Told you.* I said, once again using the pack link.

Before I turned back to Rose, I heard Daniel quietly say, *Doesn’t mean you’re not crazy.*

I was about to growl, but Rose’s laugh stopped me. Turning to her, I raised an eyebrow. “What’s so funny?”

She immediately dropped her gaze. “I thought his comment was funny.” What? Who’s comment? Surely she didn’t mean Daniel…

Before I knew what I was doing, I had walked up to her, and, putting my hand under her chin, I lifted her face up. That small touch sent a shiver of pleasure down my spine. I wonder what it would feel like if I kissed her, held her in my arms… But before I could dwell on that, she moved back, a cute blush spreading across her cheeks. I laughed, but it came out short and strained. I coughed quietly.

Holding her gaze, I smiled down at her. “Rose, what comment?” Her head dropped again. “No one ever said anything.”

Just as quickly as her head dropped, it popped back up again. She shook her head, gazing into my eyes again. I noticed her eyes were green again. Weird. “You told Daniel ‘I told you so’, and Daniel said you were still crazy.” Her voice gave me goose bumps, and my wolf purred in ecstasy. But while my wolf acted all love-struck, I stiffened. How did she hear us?

I was about to ask about it, when Elder Jake spoke up. *It’s not possible! She’s lying!*

Rose surprised us all by looking at him, practically growling. “I’m not lying.”

I walked over to Daniel, and as I looked at him, an agreement passed through us. We needed to speak to my father. But before I contacted him, I turned to Rose. “How did you hear us?” Shrugging, she dropped my gaze, looking guilty. Turning completely serious, I sighed. “We need to tell my father of this.”

Her eyes widened, and she looked like she was going to crap her pants. She shook her head quickly, glancing back at a spot between Michael and Elder Jake. But before anyone could do anything, I heard a laugh that made my heart drop.

John Highlington jumped down from one of the trees surrounding us, and he kept his eyes on Rose with a look that made my blood boil. Walking closer and closer to her and keeping his voice low, he said, “I swear, Rose; I can’t keep you alone for 10 minutes without you getting into some trouble.”

Finally he stopped in front of her. And he did something he would definitely regret. He cupped her face in his hands, and he kissed her. Right smack on the lips. The last coherent thought that ran through my head was ‘Mine!’  before I let my wolf take over.

~~~A/N~~~

Okay, this was just a filler chapter, and I though you guys would enjoy Luke's POV. I need 3 votes again!