Chapter 17

~~~A/N~~~   Please read!

Okay, I put the picture link into the external link on Chapter 16, so just go there to see the photos! Okay, you can read the chapter now J    ~~~~

Rose’s POV

I stepped back, trying to make an excuse not to see their father. But as I met Luke’s gaze, the argument died in my throat. Weakly, I shrugged. I REALLY didn’t want to see him, but I knew it was inevitable.

I turned back to Sophie, who was looking between us. Thankfully she didn’t comment. I honestly didn’t know what to tell her.

After the short silence, I heard her yell in my mind again. *Father! We have a tiny situation here!* She saw me cringe, and she smiled apologetically. I heard footsteps down the hall, and a second later, the Alpha stepped into the room.

“What-” His eyes widened slightly when he saw me. But he quickly covered it. “Well. It’s so nice of you to join us, Miss Verbeck. Or would you rather Daniel?” He sat down calmly, but I could see through his little poker face. He was watching me closely, and his muscles were tense, like he was ready to pounce.

After that little observation, I finally registered what he said. He called me Verbeck, and, sadly, I recognized the name. “I’m a Daniel.” I growled. He smiled, looking amused.

“Of course you would say that. You don’t even know who the Verbecks are, do you?” He smiled, and I had to stop myself from laughing. He thought I was oblivious to everything still. Well, that’s understandable. No one would be able to guess about what had happened. But his attitude still pissed me off.

“I’m fully aware of who they are.” I said, trying to calm down.

“So, Gabriel finally told you the truth.”

I shook my head, crossing my arms. “I’m not stupid. I don’t need people telling me everything.”

He raised an eyebrow, looking more curious than amused now. “You didn’t know earlier.”

I smiled smugly. “Who’s to say I didn’t, Alpha Kale?” I asked in a sweet, little voice.

His eyes narrowed and he stood up. “I was certain of it. You think your parents are Sarah and Gabriel.”

Their images flashed in my mind as I looked at him. Suddenly, I knew exactly who they were. I kept my face emotionless as I answered. “Sarah Croswell and Gabriel Greebly are most definitely not my parents. Gabriel is my father’s beta, and Sarah is his mate.”

William stepped forward, glaring at me. “Where did you learn this?!” he demanded. I could hear the authority in his voice, but since I wasn’t part of his pack, he had no authority over me.

“That does not concern you, Alpha Kale.” I could see that he was getting really pissed off here, and thankfully, so did Luke.

He rushed forward, putting his hands on his father’s shoulders. “Father, you need to calm down before you change.” With one last glare, William stormed out of the room. We were left in silence. Finally, Luke grimaced, scratching the back of his neck. “Sorry about that. He has a very short temper, and he absolutely hates being outsmarted or wrong. Somehow, you found a way to do both.”

I smiled, shrugged. “It’s one of the many gifts I have.”