Chapter 6

John's POV

I smiled when I heard Rose's breathing deepen, telling me she was asleep. I moved her gently, being sure not to wake her, and I admired her beauty. For a human, she really was breathtaking. She was so innocent, so carefree...

Once again I thought about the conversation I had with the werewolf pup. If I want things to get more serious with Rose, I have to tell her about myself. I hate lying to her. Especially when I knew she trusted me with everything.

‘You’re going to hurt her.’ ‘When she finds out about you, she’ll be horrified.’ I sighed, moving the hair out of her eyes. I have to tell her. My heart will be broken when she freaks, yelling at me to leave, but at least I wasn’t keeping anything from her.

I picked her up, and I smiled when she rested her head on my shoulder. I ran upstairs, straight into her room, and I set her onto the bed, pulling up a chair. After a few minutes, I started to feel weird. So I stood up and paced. I thought about exactly what I would tell, I thought about all the possible reactions (All of them ending with her screaming at me), but I couldn’t think about spending all my time alone. This girl had my heart, to cherish or to break.

After a few more minutes, Rose’s eyes fluttered open. She looked around for a second, and then she sat up, looking at me. “What am I doing in here?” she asked with a yawn.

I smiled and sat down again, taking her hand in mine. “I thought you would be more comfortable in here.”

She smiled, looking down at our hands. “You know, you can move to the bed. It’s more comfortable.” I laughed, but I didn’t budge. She looked up at me, amusement clear in her eyes. “Come on, John. There’s more than enough room.”

I kissed her hand, but still I didn’t move. “Rose, I need to talk to you.”

She looked at me curiously, her smile sliding off her face “What is it John?”

I stared into her eyes for a few seconds, but I felt like I couldn’t say it to her like this. I stood up and started pacing again. “Rose… you deserve someone better.” She was about to interrupt, but I stopped her. “Rose, I’m dangerous. Too dangerous for you to be around. If I lose control, it will be the end. And I can’t bear the thought hurting you. Rose, I really care for you. I might even love you. But this puts you in danger. So just send me away, and I’ll never bother you again.”

She stared at me for a few seconds, her face expressionless. Slowly she stood up and stepped up to me.  She kissed me lightly, and when she stepped back, she shook her head. “You can only hurt me if you leave. And I can assure you, I would never send you away. I really care for you, too.”

I wouldn’t allow myself to get too excited at this, but my heart swelled at her words. I kept my face straight as I took a step back. “You don’t understand, Rose.”

She sighed, sitting back onto her bed. “Then help me understand.”

I ran my hand through my hair looking down at Rose. “Rose, I’m…” She looked at me expectantly, and I couldn’t face her. I turned my back to her, lowering my head. “I’m a vampire.”

Rose’s POV

‘He feels the same way I do.’ That thought kept running through my head, and I smiled. But he kept his face emotionless as I confessed my feelings, which bugged the hell out of me. “You don’t understand Rose.”

Wow. Haven’t heard that one before. I was about to say that out loud, when I stopped myself. That wouldn’t help anything. Instead I sighed, sitting on the bed. “Then help me understand.”

He ran his hand through his hair. “Rose, I’m…” He turned away from me, much to my annoyance, and he dropped his head. “I’m a vampire.”

I waited for the punch line, for when he turned around with his dazzling smile and tell me I should’ve seen my face. But it never happened. I started to think about all the kisses we’ve shared, how close I’ve gotten to him. He can’t be serious. I would have noticed if he wasn’t human… right?

He turned back to me, and I noticed his eyes weren’t the regular dark blue. Now they were a deep green. They were beautiful. I stared curiously at them as he came closer. I couldn’t make myself move. I didn’t want to. Slowly he came closer, stopping in front of me.

He bent down and cradled my face in his hands. “You really are beautiful, Rose.” His eyes grew blue again, and I blinked a few times. Why was he so close?

He stood up again, grimacing slightly. “Human’s don’t have a chance against us. We lure you in, and you don’t even realize what’s going on. Just send me away, Rose. You’ll be safer.”

I stood up, taking his hands in mine. “John, listen closely. I would never send you away. It would break my heart. I don’t care if you’re a vampire. You still have my heart.”

He looked shocked for a second, searching my face for any sign of doubt. But I was dead serious. His lips crashed against mine, and he wrapped his arms around my waist. “I love you, Rose.”

I smiled, my lips lightly grazing his. “I love you too, John.”

~~~A/N~~~

Okay, sorry if this wasn’t very interesting, but what happened in this chapter will be very important for what is yet to come. Okay, I need 5 comments. Is that really too much to ask for? The first to comment will have the next chapter dedicated to them. J