My Older Brother's Best Friend... Wait What Older Brother?! -Chapter 2

Hey wattpad readers,

I'm sorry it took so long to get this chapter up. I've had writers block lot, but I was able to finish it during school. So here it is. Enjoy.

My Older Brother's Best Friend... Wait What Older Brother?! -Chapter 2

Recap of Last Chapter:

-Alex's Point of View

"Hey May-may, how's your weekend been?" I ask once I'm about a foot and a half away from her. Her smile disappears and she looks down at the ground. "May-may, what's wrong?"

- May's Point of View

I look down at the ground so I don't tell him my secret. I look up and can see hurt and worry in his eyes. I stare into his amazing dark brown/black eyes, until I feel someone nudge me. I look and see Scarlet grinning slightly with a cocked eyebrow. I look back towards the ground, not daring to look back up into Alex's eyes. An awkward silence passes through the room.

"Are you okay, May-may?" Alex asks, putting his hand under my chin and moving my head up, making me look him in the eyes. I'm speechless as I reluctantly look back into his eyes, and losing my train of thought. His face is so close to mine. If either of us were to lean in we would be kissing. I can feel his warm minty breath on my skin and the soft touch of his hands against my skin. I would've melted right then and there, but the only problems are that 1.) my brother and his friends are here and 2.) I know that, that would have screwed up our friendship that we have and I don't want that to happen.

"May! Will you please answer me? Your really starting to scare me." Alex states resting his hands on my shoulders and gently shaking me. I shake my head and push his hands off me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Sorry, I was deep in thought." I say grinning up at him, then quickly turn and head for the kitchen. I get to the kitchen and go to the far end of the room and lean up against the counter. I cover my face with my hands, trying to fight back the tears that are growing in my eyes. I don't know how long I was in there for but sometime while I was deep in thought Scarlet came in.

"Are you okay, May?" she asks coming over to me.

"Yeah, I'm f-fine. Why do you ask?" I say. Shit, I stuttered.

"Don't try lying to me. I know somethings up." she states.

"Will you tell anyone?" I ask, not wanting to tell her but I need to tell someone.

"As long as it doesn't put you or any one in danger, then no." she said, all serious.

"No, its not dangerous. Um....come on. I'll tell you upstairs." I say walking towards the kitchen doorway.

"Okay." she said and walks up behind me and waits for me to go. I quickly wipe away the few tears that did escape from my eyes and head out of the kitchen. Only to walk right into some warm, but hard object thingy. I stumble backwards and almost fall on my ass, but I feel a pair of strong arms wrap around my waist before I hit the ground. The person helps me balance myself again, and hesitantly drops their arms from my sides. I look up to see...Alex looking down at me. I look up into his eyes, but pull away from him, grabbing Scarlet's arm and dragging her upstairs and into my room.

Once we're in safe in my room, I let go of her arm and close the door with a heavily sigh. I look down at the ground and walk slowly over to my bed. I sit down and cover my face with my hands. I cry softly into my hands as I hear Scarlet coming up to me and sitting next to me on my bed.

"May, why are you crying?" Scarlet asks setting a hand on my back, trying to calm me down.

"Alex," I mumble in between my tears. "I like him..... I like him a lot, but he doesn't like me."