Chapter 38: The Biggest Surprise of the Century

Aiden's P.O.V:

      She was kissing me.

      Carter Ly was fucking kissing me!

      It was only a few seconds that she held my shirt and made contact with my lips, but to me it felt like an eternity.

      And while she kissed me, I had to grasp the fact that Carter was actually kissing me!

      When she pulled away, I stared at her with my jaw hung open - possibly for too long.

      "Are you okay? You still like me too.....right?" Carter asked nervously.

      I slightly shook my head and threw Carter the biggest smile I'd ever given.

      "I still love you," I said.

      She breathed a sigh of relief.

      "Good, because I thought for a second that you didn't actually love me and that I was being punked."

      "I'm not the same person I was a few months ago. I've changed, and I want you to know that I won't hurt you again," I replied.

      Carter nodded.

      "I know you've changed. But sometimes...I just get scared. It's impossible that you - or even Connor - could have ever liked me. I'm worried that you'll just one day leave," she said.

      "Impossible?" I asked.

      "Well, yeah. You're quite popular. And attractive. And what am I? Your nerdy side-kick," she snorted.

      "True - you are nerdy," I joked.

      Carter rolled her eyes.

      "Okay, all jokes aside - I don't want you to go all your life thinking that you aren't good enough. You want to know why Connor liked you, and why I love you?" I asked.

      "Enlighten me," she said.

      "It's because you're beautiful. And kind. And funny. And...you just radiate happiness. It's impossible to be mad when you're around. You see, you're not only gorgeous, but you have an amazing personality. In my eyes, and many others, you are perfect."

       Carter blushed.

      "You're getting me all worked up," she muttered, wrapping her arms around me.

      I kissed her forehead.

      "Do you believe me?" I asked.

      "Believe what?"

      "Do you believe that you're absolutely perfect?"

      "Well - nobody's perfect. And I'm not just saying that because Hannah Montana made a song about it. But I do believe that you love me inevitably," she replied.

      "Everybody makes mistakes," I whispered.

      "What?" Carter asked.

      "Everybody has those days."

      "Are you high?" She questioned, checking my eyes.

      "Everybody knows what, what I'm talkin' about. Everybody gets that way! ONE! TWO! THREE! FOUR!" I yelled, jumping up.

      "I cannot believe that you just did that," Carter muttered.

      "How could I have not? You brought up Hannah Montana and I couldn't resist," I replied, grabbing Carter's hand to stand her up.