Chapter 4: The "Break Up" Date

Aiden's P.O.V:

      It was 5 P.M. as of right now. In exactly one hour, I'd be picking up Stacy to tell her she wasn't what I was looking for. It was actually really nerve-wracking if I was being honest.

      Usually I wasn't nervous when I broke up with girls. I'd just go straight out and tell them that we weren't meant to be. But right now....I don't know. I just felt scared.

      I shrugged off any doubtful feelings and slipped on a different shirt. Taking in a deep breath, I dialed Carter's number, hoping she'd answer me.

      "Hello?" She asked, sounding irritated.

      "Well hello to you too," I replied.

      "Just tell me what you need to say then hang up. I'm crazy busy right now," She stated.

      "I just needed advice." I said.

      On the other line, I heard Carter laugh. Yeah, she laughed at me!

      "What?!" I asked, growing irritable.

      "I-It's just you're asking ME for advice. I'm not the person to ask Addy," She replied.

      "First of all, don't call me Addy! You know I hate that. And second of all, you're smart! You should have great advice for me!"

      "Book smart," She corrected, "not street smart. But I guess I'll listen to your problems. I mean I AM your personal therapist after all." I could practically see her rolling her eyes.

      "Thanks, you're truly a life saver," I muttered, "anyway, I need to see your view on how I should end things with Stacey."

      "W-what?"

      "You know. How should I break things off?" I asked again.

      "You're really breaking up with her?" Carter questioned.

      "Yes, dummy. I just said that."

      "Well, I don't know. I've never broken up with someone before," She replied, growing quiet.

      "But you're a girl. How should I word it?"

      "Be nice, I guess. Tell her she's a great girl, but you don't see the relationship working out. You'll just move onto another girl anyway," She said.

      "Okay, thanks for that," I said, eyeing my reflection in the mirror.

      "No problem. Bye."

      Before I could reply, the line was dead, leaving me alone in my room. I shrugged and leisurely walked out of my room, prepared to pick Stacey up. This would be on hell of an experience for me.

      I whistled a random tune to myself, twirling my car keys in my hand. I shouldn't be nervous about this; I'd done it a million times before. As I backed out of my garage, I spotted Carter on her porch, playing with Whiskers.

      Whiskers was her calico cat she'd had for as long as I'd known her. Lucky for me, I got to witness Whiskers roaming the streets since I lived a few doors down.

      "Hey Cart, Whiskers," I greeted, pulling up.

      Whiskers hissed at me, curling up in Carter's lap. Don't know what it was, but Whiskers always hated me. Weird, right? Everyone freaking loved me, and then there was that demon cat. She loved Carter, though.

      "Aiden. Suppose you're going to your date now?" She asked, planting a kiss on Whiskers' head.

      "More like my break-up trip," I replied, shrugging.

      "Right. Excuse my mistake," She said sarcastically.

      "Yes, excuse you. Well, I'm off now. Later Whiskers," I said, waving.

      Whiskers hissed at me again, and I swear that things' eyes turned red. I shivered and drove off, heading towards Stacey's house.

      My palms began sweating, letting me know I was nervous. God, I was never nervous ending things with girls! And I mean never! Was this a possible sign? A sign that I....could maybe.....like Stacey?

      I shook my head. Hell nah. She wasn't for me, and I was no good for her. We weren't compatible.

      I made a face at my idiotic thoughts and pulled up to Stacey's driveway, clapping my hands together.

      "Here goes nothing," I muttered, exiting the car.

      "Aiden! I was wondering if you'd show up!" Stacey exclaimed, running to wrap me in a bone-crushing hug.

      "Oh, I could never miss this....." I replied, laughing nervously.

      "I knew you wouldn't bail," She said, shaking her head.

      On the contrary, I did have prior thoughts about bailing.

      "Oh....that's not me," I said, getting in the car.

      "So, where we going?" She asked, flashing me a smile.

      "It's a surprise," I responded, driving off.

      "A surprise? I love surprises! I wonder what it is," Stacey said, a grin appearing on her face.

      "Lovely..." I muttered.

      "You know what Aiden Miller? You truly are a sweet person. Under all that 'player' title, is a sweet guy. I think you're changing."

      I almost choked on the spit in my mouth. Changing? Changing into what?!

      "How so?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

      "Well, we've been seeing each other for a short while, and you've been pretty dedicated to me. That's really good. People told me you were a player-yet I told them I knew you were still a good person, and could change. I can see you are capable of...changing," She replied, her eyes gleaming in the sun pouring through the windows.

      I almost laughed at her statement. Dedicated? I'd been with at least two other girls in the time Stacey and I were seeing each other. And it was also funny how she had this idea she could somehow 'change' me. I wasn't known as a player for no reason.

      "I don't think I've changed."

      "I think you have."

      "Nope."

      "Yes."

      "Nope."

      "Aiden Miller! You should be happy you're changing! It's good for you, and it's good for your reputation," Stacey argued.

      "Alright. I give up," I said, shaking my head.

      "See? It's a good thing," She patted my head.

      "Sure," I muttered, pulling into a parking lot.

      "We're going ice-skating?" Stacey asked, staring at the large building.

      "You bet," I winked, stepping out of the car.

      "That's.....great! I haven't been ice-skating in ages!" She squealed,skipping towards the rink.

       I sincerely thought that Stacey hated ice-skating, which was why I'd brought her here in the first place. Was I an idiot, or did Stacey like everything?

      "You're just an idiot," Carter's voice rang throughout my head.

      "Whatever Cart."

      I face-palmed myself for having a conversation with Carter in my head. I really did hang out with that girl too much.

      "You coming in?" Stacey asked, waiting by the entrance.

      "Oh. Yeah," I replied, walking inside.

      When we walked through the glass doors, a pang of coldness hit my body.

      "Shit. Forgot it was negative degrees in here," I shivered, rubbing my arms.

      "It's totally fine Aiden. We'll be okay," Stacey said, wrapping her arm around my waist.

      She was seriously positive about everything, wasn't she? 

     "Yeah, sure. Let's go get our skates," I replied, heading over to a check-out counter.

      As I walked over to the stand, I spotted a flash of dark hair. Turning around, I noticed it was that new guy everyone was infatuated with. A.K.A. the guy Carter drooled over.

      "Hey, Stace, do you know who that guy is?" I asked, gesturing to him.

      The dude sat down on a bench, examining his watch, as if he was waiting for someone.

      "Know him? Not really. But I do know his name's Connor Wright. And he supposedly got kicked out of his last school for getting in a fist-fight with one of the wealthy guys," Stacey stated, staring at him.

      Fight? He was definitely not someone Carter should be ogling at. He seemed dangerous.

      "Oh. Well, thanks for the information," I said, grabbing a pair of skates, and throwing money on the counter.

      "No problem."

      My eyes never left the guy as he sat on the bench, tapping his leg. Who was he waiting for? It was as if my questions were answered, when an old woman came in and hugged him.

      The old woman had surprisingly black hair that seemed healthy. She was an Asian woman-probably Vietnamese-and was maybe in her mid-70's.

      That's strange.....why would Connor be here with someone who looked totally different than him?

      "Who do you think that is?" I asked, staring intently at the two.

      "I don't know. His grandma, maybe? Why are you so obsessed with that guy anyway?" Stacey replied, strapping on the skates.

      "No, it can't be his grandma. He looks white," I said, ignoring her question.

      "Why does it even matter? Maybe he looks white, but is actually Asian. C'mon. Let's just go skate," Stacey replied, walking to the ice rink.

      Why DID it matter? I bet I seemed kind of obsessed with the guy. Probably not good.

      I witnessed Connor and the old woman leave onto the ice, which made me want to just run after him and ask what was going on. Ugh, I was such a weirdo. She was probably just an old woman who he spent time with.

      "Aiden?" Stacey called out, spinning on the ice.

      "Oh, right."

      I stepped onto the slippery ice, gaining my balance back as I slowly leaned in with each step. I actually wasn't bad at ice skating. Not at all.

      Now Carter was a different story. The last time we came, which was about a month ago, she was slipping and falling every step she took. I, on the other hand, was laughing my ass off. The sight really was hilarious, especially since she'd try so hard not to fall, but it wouldn't work.

      Let's just say Carter came home pretty bruised up. She was blue and purple for two weeks.

      "This is so much fun!" Stacey yelled, twirling around like a pro.

      "Did you ever do competitions when you were younger?" I asked, impressed by the tricks she was doing.

      "No, but I took a ton of lessons. I literally begged my mom to let me skate, which she was skeptical about. But finally she let me take lessons. She thought I'd be a professional, but then me being stupid, quit. So now I have a skating talent that isn't helpful in any way whatsoever," She replied, a sad look crossing her face.

      "It's still cool. And I for one think that you're awesome at it," I said, offering her a smile.

      "Thanks," Stacey grinned widely before going back to doing spins and tricks.

      "No problem," I smiled back as I felt someone bump into me.

      I turned around, and met the stare of the devil himself.

      "Sorry man. I wasn't watching where I was going," He apologized, giving me a nod.

      "Yeah. You weren't."

      He was probably expecting a 'oh, yeah. It's fine', but I was not about to give him that.

      "Oh....well again I'm real sorry," He said, before awkwardly skating away.

      I glared at him for another few minutes, growing curious to as who he really was. I mean, everyone had an evil side to them, didn't they?

      "Aiden! Come here!" Stacey called, waving me over.

      I broke my gaze from Connor and skated toward Stacey, almost knocking her over.

      "Yeah?" I asked.

      "Let's skate together!" She replied, grabbing my hand.

      As I was about to say something, I remembered the actual reason I'd brought her here. To break up with her.

      But now, staring at her hopeful face, I realized something: I just.....couldn't do that to her right now. Whatever the dumb reason conjured up in my idiotic brain, I knew that I would regret breaking up with her. It was strange. I mean, I'd do it soon, but as of this moment I just really could not do that.

      Eh, it was probably nothing.

      "Okay," I said, pulling her along with me.

      "You know, this is actually one of the greatest dates I've been on," She commented, cuddling up to me.

      "Really?"

      Okay, now I felt really bad. I'd taken her here to dump her, and now she was saying that this was one of the best dates she'd had. Wow, I was a pretty bad person.

      "Really. Thank you so much for taking me here! It's like I'm reliving my childhood, yet this is actually fun."

      I grimaced as she pulled me along happily. I'd break up with her later. When I took her home, maybe? But I knew if I broke up with her right now, I'd  probably go to hell.

Carter's P.O.V:

      "You what?" I asked Katie, my eyes widening.

      "I got invited to Kyle Mason's party!" She squealed, jumping up and down.

      Kyle Mason was the most popular person at our school. He was literally worshipped as a god.

      "Holy-this is actually happening! You're becoming popular?" I asked.

      Katie laughed, "Oh God no! I'd never leave my bestie! I'm just going to this kick ass party Kyle invited me to."

      "Okay, give me the full details. What happened? When did he ask you?"

      "Well....I was in A.P. biology with him, and he actually noticed me. He began talking, and later he invited me to go to his party! Crazy right? Someone like him, asking someone like me to go to his party!" Katie exclaimed, staring dreamily off.

      "That's really cool Katie! This will be an awesome experience for you! You have to give me feedback when you come back," I said.

      "Oh, I won't be needing to give you any feedback whatsoever. Because I get to take a friend. And guess who I'm taking?" She asked, smiling at me.

      "Oh, no! Parties are SO not my thing. Well-technically I've never actually been to one....except if you count my four-year-old cousin's party at Chuck E. Cheeses.....but no! I'm not going to a party. Especially one thrown by Kyle Mason! People will stare at me and wonder why I'm even in their presence!" I blabbed, shaking my head.

      "Carter Mei Ly! You sit at home literally all day doing homework and studying. Don't you think you deserve a bit of fun?" Katie asked, cocking her head to the side.

      "Nope. Because I'm not a fun person. So....leave me be now," I replied, stuffing my face into a nearby pillow.

      Katie took the pillow away from me and chucked it to the ground.

      "Carter! Come on. Please? For me? If you don't go I'll be alone at a party, with no one to talk to!" She made a puppy dog face and whimpered.

      "Hell no."

      "Please?"

      "Nope."

      "Please?"

      "Nope."

      "Please?"

      "No."

      Katie sighed, "Fine. You give me no choice."

      "Wait....what are you doing?" I asked, eyeing her suspiciously.

      "Oh, nothing," She replied, grabbing her phone and dialing a number.

      "Who are you calling?" I questioned.

      "No one."

      Then I heard the voice. HIS voice.

      "What do you want Katie? I'm in the middle of a date," Aiden said.

      "Aiden, this is super important. Carter really li-"

      I flew across my bed and grabbed Katie's phone, pushing her off in the process.

      "BYE AIDEN." I screamed, hanging up.

      "Ow!" Katie whined, dusting her butt off.

      "You're freakin' crazy!" I hissed, clutching her phone to my chest.

      "You gave me no other option. Now you coming or what? 'Cause I've got a house phone and my mom's cellphone I could use," Katie raised her eyebrow in my direction, before I caved.

      "Okay! I'll attend that stupid party! But if the cops show up and there's alcohol, I am so killing you," I replied, wagging a finger in her face.

      "Yay! Carter you're amazing!"

      "I know. I get told that often," I said.

      "I bet you do. Now come on, we're getting out of here," Katie stated, dragging me out of my room.

      "What? Why?"

      "To go shopping! Duh," She replied, rolling her eyes.

      "Shopping? For what?"

      "A dress for the party!" She said, clapping her hands in excitement.

      "Uh, the last time I wore a dress was in third grade, when I was forced to be the flower girl for my cousin Leila's wedding. And I threw up all over it," I said, making a face.

      Yeah, 8-year-old girls and five slices of wedding cake do not mix. Especially when the girl goes dancing for half an hour after that. Not a good combo.

      "Yeah, and that was third grade. This is your junior year for God's sakes! You've got to live it up."

      "Okay, I will. Just not in a dress," I said.

      "Carter, come on. The dress will make you look so cute!" She pleaded.

      "Oh, so I'm not cute any other time?" I joked, putting my hands on my hips.

      "Sure you are. Just not as cute as you can be. But, with me in your hands, that can all change." Katie waved her hands in my face as if she was a magician. Or maybe a genie.

      "Yeah, sure it can. When is this party again?" I asked, swatting her hands away.

      "Tomorrow." She stated promptly.

      My eyes bugged out and I swear if I was drinking water, it would be spat all over Katie right now.

      "Tomorrow?! On a Tuesday?! Who has a party on a school night? There's no way in hell I'm going! We have homework, and studies, oh and not to mention school the next day!" I yelled, heading back to my room.

      "Cart, come on! This is a once in a lifetime chance! Do you know how often we get invited to parties? Try never. Please, just go to it! We'll have so much fun, I just know it! And we can be different people for the night. Not the nerdy newspaper editors. Please?" She asked, her voice cracking a bit.

      Ugh, why couldn't I be headstrong?

      "Well, what about my parents? They'd never let me go to a crazy party on the weekend, let alone a weekday!" I said, crossing my arms.

      "We'd tell them we're going to a study group session at someone's house, and that it's for a big grade," She replied, as if it was nothing.

      "But-but-"

      "But nothing. I've got everything under control."

      "I....I......fine. But if we get in trouble-"

      "Yeah, yeah. You'll kill me. Just come on. We're going dress shopping."

      Before I could protest putting on a death trap like that, Katie dragged me away and into her car.

      Oh, this would be fun.

(A/N) Lol. I like this chapter! Well, at least Carter's point of view. Aiden's.....yeah. Not so much. But it's kinda part of the plot so......I'll deal. Ah well, it'll get better. Maybe. >:)

Well thanks for the reads and such! It's pretty awesome! And I hope you're liking JD! I'm getting close to the end if it, so that'll be sad, but also good.

Song of the chapter: Pretty Brown Eyes by Cody Simpson. Yeah, before you say 'ermagerd Cody Simpson sucks da Fuq' I'd like to say he's not that bad. Well, when he first started out I was a bit skeptical.....like with Iyiyi. That song sucked. But he's grown much older, and his songs are more mature. I'm not really a fan, but I do enjoy like one or two of his songs.

Pretty Brown Eyes I feel kind of matches Aiden's personality, because he's like 'oh hey pretty brown eyes, what're you doing later?' So yeah, it's good for most chapters. Check it out, will ya? It's pretty good! You might find that you like it.

Well, thanks for reading! You're all wonderful! :)

Vote,

Comment,

Follow! :D