Chapter 27: Mr. Relationship Expert

Carter's P.O.V:

      I woke up to the feeling of something touching my face.

      At first, it was a light sensation fanning across my cheek. But soon, it became a dragging motion. My eyes popped open as I came face to face with Aiden's foot rubbing my cheek.

      "Aiden!" I yelled, smacking his foot away.

      "Huh?!" Aiden screamed, falling off of the couch.

      "Your foot was in my face," I said, as he rubbed his arm.

      "Did you really have to yell?" He asked, grunting.

      I shrugged.

      "Did you really have to have your foot caressing my cheek?" I retorted.

      "Hey, you were the one who fell asleep on me," he pointed out.

      "I fell asleep on you?" I asked, hopping off of the couch.

      He nodded.

      "I think my mom called your parents to tell them you slept over. Anyway, how are you feeling?" He asked.

      At first, I hadn't realized what Aiden meant. But realization soon dawned on me when I remembered what had happened with Connor.

      "I don't know," I replied honestly.

      Aiden had given me a pretty nice talk about things last night. He'd even told me about some girl that he'd admitted to liking. However, my feelings were sort of out of wack, and I wasn't too sure how to react.

      "Do you think you're going to talk to Connor?" He questioned.

      "I'm probably going to have to at some point. I'm just not looking forward to it," I responded.

      I was not thrilled about having to speak to Connor. Of course I wasn't going to leave our conversation the way it had ended, but it still made me nervous to think about. It shouldn't have, since I'd known Connor for months now, but it did.

      "What are you going to say?" Aiden questioned.

      I shrugged.

      "I'm going to let him speak first and go from there. And I'm not going to be the one who asks him to talk. He will have to ask me," I replied.

      Aiden grinned and patted my back.

      "Going to give him the old silent treatment, too?" He asked.

      I laughed.

     "It's my specialty."

      I glanced at the clock and sighed, deciding that it would be a good time to go home.

      "I'm going to walk home now. Thank you for cheering me up Aiden," I said, wrapping him up in a tight hug.

      I felt him stiffen at first, but soon he relaxed and hugged me back even tighter.

     "I love you, Carter," he mumbled.

      I smiled, pinching his cheeks.

      "Love you too, you big dork. Bye," I said, beginning to walk away.

      Under his breath, I heard Aiden say something hardly coherent. At first, I didn't think he'd actually said anything. It could have been my imagination, but I swear he'd said....