Chapter 2: A Ford Mustang and a Mysterious Boy

Aiden's P.O.V:

      I checked my reflection in the mirror, making sure I looked good. Even though I always look awesome, I just wanted to make sure everything was in its place. Couldn't show up to school looking like a slob. Although Carter seemed not to care.

      After spiking my hair to perfection, I walked to my room. Now where did I put it? I threw aside a pillow strewn across my floor, revealing an Axe bottle laying underneath it. I smirked and picked the bottle up.

      "Gotcha," I muttered, spraying the cologne on my body.

      But you know, you can't overdo it on the Axe. Girls don't dig that. One spritz on your chest, and maybe a spritz on your arms. Any more than that and people will be able to smell you a mile away.

      "Aiden! Carter's waiting for you down here!" My mom yelled.

      "Okay!" I yelled back, grabbing my backpack.

      Carter and I carpooled to school everyday, as she liked to call it. In reality I was forced to drive her to school because Carter doesn't like riding the bus. She claims it smells like the gym-which trust me, the gym smells disgusting-and refuses to step onto it. But I enjoy taking her to school. She is my best friend, after all.

      "Something smells good," I commented, stepping into the kitchen.

      "It's called food," Carter replied sarcastically.

      "No shit, I thought we ate dirt," I said, rolling my eyes.

      "Aiden! Watch that mouth of yours!" My mom gasped, smacking me upside the head.

      "Sorry mom," I grumbled.

      Carter gave me an amused smile before taking a bite of bacon. Bacon. My favorite food.

      "Mom! Where's the bacon?" I asked, searching the counter.

      "Well, if you'd come down earlier like you should have, you would've gotten a piece. Your father and I had one, Jacob had.....six, and Carter took the last one," She replied promptly.

      "Jacob had six?!" I choked, raising an eyebrow towards my mother.

      Jacob was my older brother who was currently visiting from college. Today he was leaving, and apparently he thought that gave him the right to eat MY favorite food. MINE. I mean, come on. Six?!

       "He was up before you," My mom shrugged.

      "Aww, it's okay Aiden. I know bacon is your favorite. Come on, I'll buy you bacon before we go to school," Carter said, looping her arm through mine.

      "Isn't that sweet? Aiden you better not force Carter to buy you something. You're a gentleman for goodness sakes!" My mom said, placing her hand on her hip.

      Beside me, Carter let out a scoff. To her, I was her best friend. But she also knew I had.....sort of a reputation for dating girls. Carter definitely thought I was far away from being a gentleman.

      "Well, we're going to head out now Mrs. Miller! Thank you," Carter said, walking out the door.

      "Carter sweetie! Call me Laura!" My mom called out.

      My mom had been trying to get Carter to call her Laura ever since we were in the 1st grade. I knew Carter was hard-headed, and would probably never call her Laura. Even if we got married.