BONUS: Katie's Story

Katie's P.O.V:

      I stared at the wall for a good fifteen minutes before dramatically sighing.

      Painting your kitchen was such a hassle.

      "Burgundy looks nice," my mom said, lightly brushing the wall.

      "Mom, it looks like the blood of a recent murder we committed," I replied.

      I was not about to let our kitchen look like a crime scene!

      "Really? What about this color?" She asked, holding up a bright yellow.

      Ugh.

      Before I could reply with saying that was the ugliest shade of yellow that I had ever seen, the phone rang.

      "I'll get it," I said, walking over to the home phone.

      "Hello?" I asked.

      "Hey Katie," a smooth voice replied.

      Oh, great.

      "Darren, leave me alone! How many times do I have to tell you that?" I hissed, glancing at my mom.

      She was too busy painting the wall that nasty yellow color.

      "I just wanted to know if you could hang out later? Please?" He asked pleadingly.

      Couldn't the guy take a hint?

      "Darren...."

      "Please? Go out with me just today - if you don't like it, I'll leave you alone. Okay?" He asked.

      I ran a hand down my face.

      "You'll leave me alone?" I asked.

      "For sure."

      I sighed.

      "Deal. You're picking me up in exactly two hours," I said, hanging up.

      Stupid hot, persistent, annoying, hot boy......

      "Who was that?" My mom questioned, stroking the wall with the yellow paint brush.

      I took the brush away from her.

      "My friend. He's taking me out later," I replied, cleaning up the paint supplies.

      She raised an eyebrow.

      "Oh, really? Is this a....boyfriend?! Have I met him? Is he cute? Does he-"

      "Mom! We are just friends!"

      Friends with benefits......

      But still friends.

      "Really? Are you sure? Who is he?" She asked.

      I face-palmed myself, realizing that she wouldn't give up.

     "Yes, I'm sure. And his name is Darren. He's Aiden's best friend besides Carter," I responded.

      "Well, I want to meet this boy. So hurry and get dressed while I get the house cleaned up," she stated.

      I groaned in protest but it was no use. Once my mom was set on something, she was totally set. There was no changing her mind.

      I dragged my body into my room and looked inside my closet. I was way too lazy to actually dress up for our little "date," but I didn't want to look like a total slob either. I mean, I WAS the fashion guru after all.