Chapter 28: Whippy Darren and No-Chance Aiden

      So I was freaking out.

      I was hyperventilating in the corner while Katie shuffled through my closet, tossing various clothing items my way. I could hardly function at the moment.

      "Would you calm down over there? You're starting to freak me out," Katie called, poking her head out of my closet.

      I glared at her.

      "You can't be freaked out. You're the one who set me up on this death meet-up!" I hissed.

      Katie rolled her eyes, sticking her head back into my closet.

      "It was bound to happen sooner or later, right? So why not get it over with sooner?" She asked.

      "Because - because....."

      "Exactly. Putting it off isn't going to make matters any better."

      "I hate you," I grumbled.

      Katie smiled, throwing a navy blue polka dot dress at me.

      "You're welcome. This dress is beautiful, by the way," she said.

      I grimaced.

      "You know that I don't like dresses."

      "Well, this one is pretty. Besides, I think that you look really good in them," she replied.

      "I think I look like a little girl," I retorted.

      I didn't exactly have.....the biggest chest in the world.

      "At least you're a pretty little girl," Katie said.

      I glared at her.

       "Not helping."

      "Just put the dang dress on. I'll do your hair and make up," she said.

      "Am I meeting up with Connor, or going to some fancy event? I don't think hair or make up is necessary," I asked.

      "Uh, it is when you're trying to catch Connor's attention. He won't even be able to speak when he sees you," she replied.

      "But-"

      "Do. It."

      Katie gave me a warning look as I sighed, changing into my dress. When I was done, Katie sat me down on my bed and raided my make up drawer.

      "Okay, so you have a total of.....four make up products. Mascara, some old eyeshadow, lipgloss, and eyeliner. Remind me next time we're out to re-stock your pitiful make up," she said, shaking her head slightly.

      "I'm not really into the make up scene. You know that," I responded.

      "Well, you know that I am. Whatever. I'll make this sad pile work," she said, beginning to work on my face.

      It felt like an eternity had gone by, as Katie tugged and pulled my face in every which direction. And after she'd finally finished, we were onto hair. If I'd thought the make up had taken a long time, the hair took twice that amount of time.

      "Are you almost done?" I whined.

      My butt was starting to cramp up.

      "Done," Katie said, wiping non-existent sweat off of her forehead.