Chapter 16: Katie the Undercover Investigator and Skilled Bet Maker

Katie's P.O.V:

      That dirty little hoodlum.

      I knew what Aiden had done. He'd read Carter's personal journal and found out she liked him. That was the whole reason he'd kept telling Carter they were best friends.

      So she knew that they'd never be anything more than that.

      For now, I didn't know the reason he read her journal in the first place. Maybe he speculated that she might have liked him, and then confirmed it when he read the journal. Either way, it was a major dick move.

      So now I was on the hunt for Mr. Nosey.

      I felt a bit like an undercover investigator, as I'd spotted a familiar face.

      "Hey Blondie!" I yelled, eyeing Aiden's current girlfriend.

      She slowly turned around, as if I would strangle her or something.

      "Um, yes?" She asked.

      "You're dating Aiden, right?" I asked.

      She smiled.

      "Well, sort of. I mean, we're not serious yet, but-"

      "I didn't ask for your whole dating life. Now tell me where that little punk is," I interrupted.

      Okay, maybe I was being a LITTLE rude. But whatever. If he was going to mess with Carter, he was going to deal with me.

      The girl looked taken aback at my harsh words but quickly changed her expression to a grin.

      "And why do you want to know? Are you an angry ex-girlfriend?" She asked pitifully, as if I had no right to speak to him.

      I was about to slap a bitch.

      "Hell to the no! Why would I want to date a lying player who'll only keep a girl for two weeks at most?" I replied, throwing her sweet smile.

      Her grin faltered at my words.

      "He- he's changed. He doesn't dump girls after two weeks anymore," She stammered.

      I snorted.

      "Okay, whatever you say sweetie. Anyway, let's get back to the topic. Where is Aiden?" I asked again.

      She crossed her arms.

      "Why do you want to know?" She bit back.

      "You're nosey just like Aiden, aren't you? Maybe you ARE the perfect fit for him. You can grow old and have nosey liars as children!" I hissed.

      "You don't even know me, so stop with the- the name calling!"

      "Ooh, name calling. Good come back. Now as I asked twice before, I need to know where Aiden is," I demanded.

      "Again, I want to know why you want to speak to him. He's MY boyfriend. MINE," She said.

      I scoffed.

      "Yours for the time being. Anyway, if your stubborn ass won't tell me where he is, I guess I'll tell you why I want to see him. He betrayed his best friend. There, you happy now?" I asked.

      Stubborn ass's face paled.

      "You mean....Carter?" She squeaked.

      I looked her over skeptically.