•21~Thomas Jefferson•

A/n- This imagine is from my tumblr which is cuteprimarina so you might have already read it. Hopefully you haven't, but enjoy anyway.

Au: Soulmate (Your soulmates second name is on your wrist and when you meet them, your first name appears), Hamiltime.
~~
You were once again sat outside of the room where your brother, Alexander, was having another cabinet battle. You weren't allowed in, since you were a woman and it was seen as unlady like. You thought that was bs.

The battle ended and people began to flood out of the room. From the mumbles of people talking, you could tell your brother had lost. You didn't even know he had been battling against, so you just had to wait for him to leave the room.

"Excuse me, miss. Are you lost?" A tall man with an afro asked. He wore a magenta suit and next to him was James Madison, a man you had already been introduced.
"No, I'm alright. Just waiting for my brother." You responded just as your wrist began to burn. The man was also looking at his wrist. This was the perfect time for your brother to enter the room. He stared at the scene before him.

You sat on a bench staring at your wrist, Thomas was stood in front of you looking at his wrist and James Madison stood next to Thomas giving Alex an awkward smile.

The name on your wrist has changed. Before it just said "Jefferson" but now it read "Thomas Jefferson". You had heard of Thomas Jefferson but you hadn't met him and certainly didn't think he would be your soulmate.
"What is going on here?!" Your brother exclaimed in confusion. You just showed him your wrist. His eyes widened. "No."
Thomas was just as confused. His soulmate mark had changed from "Hamilton" to "Y/n Hamilton". He didn't think his soulmate would be apart of that Hamilton family. He looked at his friend James for help but James was stood there in shock too.

"Nope!" Alexander broke the silence by grabbing your arm and pulling you out the front door. A loud "Hey!" could be heard from the room you had just left. Thomas and James quickly followed you both out of the room.
"Alex, let go." You said sternly, while twisting your wrist to get away from his grasp. But, Alex was holding on for life.
"There is no way that he is your soulmate. Fate is wrong in this situation." Alex said storming towards your carriage, still dragging you along. You looked at Thomas giving him a sad look before mouthing "I'll see you soon." to him.

Once you and Alex were in the carriage, you went off it with him.
"How dare you!"
"Y/n, I-"
"No! How dare you, that's my soulmate. He isn't my rival just because he's yours!"
You and Alexander didn't talk to eachother for the whole ride home.

-
You were living with Alexander, Eliza and Philip at this point in time. So when you got back to your house, you stormed upstairs as if you were still a teenager. You and Alex began screaming at eachother as he stood at the bottom of the stairs and you stood at the top.
Eliza stormed out of the front room holding a four year old Philip in her arms.

"What is this about?" She shouted, shutting both of you up. You both stopped for a minute to look back at eachother before answering her.
"Her soulmate is Thomas Jefferson!"
"He won't let me talk to my soulmate!"
Eliza rolled her eyes at both of you.
"And because of that, you need to shout at eachother on the stairs? There's a simple solution." Eliza continued as she walked over. "Alex, you should let (y/n) be with her soulmate." You grinned at Eliza; She was a hopeless romantic so you knew she would be on your side.
"But he's my enemy!" Alexander whined and groaned while you were beaming. You had barely even talked to your Soulmate yet and now you were all excited.
"What would you have done if you were told you weren't allowed to be with me right after you had found out I was your soulmate?" Eliza said and Alex gave her a guilty look. "Exactly." Now, she was satisfied.

Alex walked glumly into the living room holding Philip now and you walk-danced down the stairs gleaming brightly. Eliza passed you your coat and put on her own.
"Where are we going?" You said while you tilted your head slightly.
"To find your soulmate." Eliza said as she grabbed your hand and walked out the door together.

-
Thomas had been searching all around town to try and find you. He wouldn't go to your house, because he knew Alexander would be there, but he thought that you might go out later in the day. He was walking one last time around the park before he was going to stop searching for today and go home. Suddenly, he heard someone call his name from behind him.

"Thomas!" You shouted as you ran over to him. He turned around and a woman in a dark green dress running over to him, and a few metres behind her was a smaller woman in a blue dress running aswell. He quickly realised the woman running was you and abruptly stopped walking. You made it to him and put your hands on your knees, panting. Eliza joined you in this a few seconds later. It wasn't a good idea to run while wearing a corset.

"Y/n!" He said as he took your hand, smiling at you. He then looked at Eliza confused. "And?" She looked up at him and grinned.
"Eliza Hamilton." She said as she gave Jefferson a tired curtsy. He nodded at her and smiled before turning back to you.
"I've been looking for you everywhere." Thomas said, holding your hands tightly. "I didn't even get to talk to you, and now...now I don't know what to say."

You stood there with Eliza, both with hair looking like a bush and clothes disheveled.
"It's ok, we'll have loads of time to get to know eachother. Just maybe later, it's getting late and I'm freezing. We'll meet tomorrow, yeah?" You and Thomas arranged a time and a place to meet before you both went your separate ways.

"Thankyou Eliza." You gave her a tight hug.
"No problem, it was the right thing. Alex was overreacting." You both laughed and made your way quickly home.