•18~Philip Hamilton•

A/n: You comfort him after the Reynolds pamphlet

Au: Hamiltime

~~~

As soon as you heard of the Reynolds pamphlet you rushed over to the Hamilton household.

You had been courting Philip Hamilton for about a month now and you were both so in love with each other. You knew he would be distraught over this since he was very close to his mother and his father.

As you walked speedily to his house, people around you gossiped. Everyone knew you were courting Philip so they knew immediately where you were off to.

You tried to keep your head low and away from the crowds of people.

•••

You knocked on the door and it was opened by Angelica, Eliza's older sister.
"Oh, come in Y/n." She ushered you into the house quickly.

When the door was shut, you asked her
"How are they?"
"Eliza is in her room balling her eyes out, and Philip has locked himself in his room."
You nodded sadly.
"I'll go and see to him."
So you went to Philips door as Angelica went back into Eliza's room.

You knocked cautiously on the door.
"Philip, it's me. Please open the door."
You said, sadly.
You heard the lock turn and the door swung open.

You saw Philip standing there, his tear stained cheeks grabbing your attention.
"Oh, Philip." You said, hugging him tightly and kicking the door shut with your foot.

He began to cry into your shoulder so you kept hugging him and you rubbed his back gently.
"I just..." He sobbed. "I just don't understand why he would do that! I would have never known if he hadn't wrote that stupid pamphlet!"
"I'm so sorry, Philip."
"It's not your fault, y/n."

You both lay, hand in hand with your legs intertwined, on Philips bed. He had fallen asleep after hours of crying, but you promised yourself that you should look after him through this.