•5~John Laurens•

An: Ok so this fic is quite sad. It's about you telling John Laurens that your having his baby (your married btw) but he still has to go to war.

Au:Hamiltime

•••
You remembered the day when you told John you were pregnant and how overjoyed he was. Now, as you stood at his grave, the memories of him flooded over you.

9 months ago.
You had been feeling ill for the past two weeks so you called for a doctor. The doctor told you you were pregnant. You were so happy because you and John didn't have any children but had always wanted to start a family.

He came back home 2 weeks later and you told him. You saw his carriage and ran up to him and hugged him. "John, you won't believe it." "what?" "Im pregnant!" He was overjoyed too.

6 months ago.
John had to leave again and go to war. This made you upset, but he promised he would be back for the babies birth. You sent each other letters a lot, updating him on what was happening with your pregnancy.

1 month ago.
You stopped receiving letters from John. You were freaking out, but you tried to think of reasons why he wouldn't be writing. "He's probably just busy" you reminded yourself.

2 weeks ago.
You received a letter from George Washington. You prayed that it wasn't what you thought it was about. Sadly, it was. John Laurens had been killed in action. He would never get to meet his child.

1 week ago.
You went into labour a week after you had been given the news about your husband. You gave birth to a daughter who you called d/n. John adored that name.

Now, you stood at your husbands grave, introducing him to your child. "This is d/n, I know you would have loved to meet her in person."

You might not be able to meet John again for a long time, but you know he will be watching over you. Always.