Chapter 27 ~ Welcome Home Shock

Aphmau's POV

Our few days at the Bahamas were great. Everything I dreamed of. Swimming in the clear water, seeing the fish, and petting Dolphins! And overall... Just hanging out with Aaron. We haven't had this time to ourselves since we had Alina. Speaking of Alina, we didn't really get to talk to our friends and family back home because of the lack of service down here. And that's why I'm kind of excited to go back home.

So today, this time comes to an end and we are back on our homeland.

"So how'd you like it?" Aaron asks as we get in the car.

"Like it?! I loved it! Everything about it was amazing!" I say, reflecting on the memories we shared.

He laughed and grabbed my hand. "Glad you loved it." He bought my hand up to his face at kissed the back of my hand. He held it the whole ride home, only letting go when we stop to eat.

*

I wake when Aaron says we are close. And when I look out the window, I see the familiar environment of our neighborhood zooming by.

Then suddenly, excitement fills my body, as I think of Alina's reaction to seeing Aaron and I. And the reactions of our friends and family.

We ride for about 1 more mile, and we slow as we see cop lights from their cars surrounding Katelyn's house.

"W-What's going on over there?! Stop!" I say in panic mode.

Aaron brings the car to a halt and I get out quickly, and Aaron does too. We go towards the scene until we are stopped my officers that are there.

"Please stand back you two. This is a serious scene and we don't want anything—" I interrupt him.

"T-That's my sisters' house!" His eyes widen and he looks back at the house and sighs.

"Okay. Come with me. I will explain." He says and leads us to somewhere we can talk.

"We got a report yesterday from someone walking by that the door to this house was wide open for awhile. So we came here and found the place trashed. Two people who claim to know the people who lived here talked to us. Do you want to see them?" He says and we nodded quickly. He guided us to Nana and Zane who, at the moment, Nana was crying into Zane's shirt.

"Z-Zane! Nana!" We yelled to them, and they looked up at us.

"Aaron! Aphmau!" Nana ran over towards me and engulfed me in a tight hug.

"T-T-They took them! We don't know who but they're gone!" She cried. I was on the brink of crying too.

"W-Who..?" I say.

"Zane. What happened?!" Aaron said to Zane.

I could tell Zane was trying not to cry too.

"They're gone... Katelyn, Travis... their kids.. Eric, Sylvanna..." He paused and looked up at us. "And Alina."

Something shifted in my brain. From sad and confused mode to angry mother mode. I could tell a similar action happened to Aaron the way he looked back at me.

Nana got off me and back to Zane. I walked towards Aaron.

"Aaron..?"

He turns towards me and puts his hands on my shoulders, "We're going to find them," He pauses, "all of them."