Chapter 25 ~ Parenting Struggles

3rd Person POV
(This chapter is back at MyStreet with Katelyn and Travis.)

"Travis! Can you get me Another diaper for Tracy?!" Katelyn yells from the room to Travis.

"Uhh.. Yeah! Just let me take care of Kyle for a moment!!" Travis says, as Kyle screams.

"Ugh..." Katelyn groans as she looks around for a diaper.

As she does so, the doorbell rings and she groans. "I'll get it!" She wraps up Tracy in a clean diaper, picks her up and walks towards the front door.

She opens it and is greeted by Aphmau's mother, Sylvanna, Alina in her arms, and Eric. It was then she remembered the play-date they scheduled.

"Oh, crap! Sorry, we forgot about this! Let me go get Travis." She welcomes them inside and rushes upstairs to get Travis.

"Don't worry Katelyn! Take your time!" Sylvanna yells as Alina squirms around in her arms. Sylvanna sits her down in the couch, and Eric gives her a baby toy that was on the table, and is instantly occupied.

"Sorry about that... We got uh... Preoccupied with these two.." Katelyn says as she makes room for Travis to come down the stairs with Kyle.

"It's okay! We understand! Besides... It's not us you have to worry about." Sylvanna looks down at Alina who is teething on the toy Eric have her.

"Ah... Right..." She giggles and sits Tracy next to Alina in the couch, and Travis does the same with Kyle.

It takes a moment for her to recognize them, but after she knew, they start to babble to each other.

"So, how have you two been doing?" Eric asks, specifically to Katelyn.

"We've been doing okay I guess. Best as parents of twins can do." She shrugs.

"Yeah. I love them both, but sometimes they can be a lot to handle at a time." Travis adds.

"But we are getting by. I think as long as Alina comes over often they'll be fine." Katelyn smiles, as she watches their kids laugh at one another for no particular reason.

"Oh, of course. It's always fun to watch babies play! They just talk nonsense to each other and it's cute!" Sylvanna says, remembering the days when Aphmau was this young.

"Have you guys talked to Aphmau or Aaron since they left?" Travis asked.

"Well, Aphmau called me before they got aboard and told me they won't have service in the ship. So, I guess I have." Sylvanna shrugs.

"Oh okay. So Travis.. When are we going to go on a trip like that?" Katelyn says sarcastically. And his face heats up.

"I-I'm working on it!" He puts his hands up in defense.

"Ha! I'm just kidding!" And Katelyn looks down smiling, and mumbles; "though it would be nice."

"Who's that?" Eric says and everyone looks to where he is looking out the window.

An anonymous black car sits outside of their house next to the side walk.

"I don't know... Travis?" Katelyn says and looks towards Travis who is walking towards the front door.

"I don't recognize the car... And I can't see through the windows..." He states, and that sets off alarms in everyone's head.

"Maybe we should call the police. See what they can do." Sylvanna suggests as Eric gets up and walks to Travis' side.

"Alright. Do that. Take the kids upstairs, and stay with them." Travis says and gestures to Katelyn and Sylvanna.

They nod, "You're gonna come up there too, right?" Katelyn says to Travis, and he nods his head. Not saying another word.

They start to gather up the kids and walk upstairs. When they get to a room, they shut the door and Katelyn pulls out her phone and dials 911. As she does, Alina starts to cry.

"Shhhh... Shhh baby, it's okay. Grandma is here..." Sylvanna scooped Alina up in her arms and cradles her.

Katelyn looks out the window where she has a clear view of the anonymous car. But she wasn't expecting the car doors to be open, and her eyes widen as she hears the front door open from downstairs.

"Sylvanna." Katelyn whispers.

"What?"

Katelyn takes a few deep breaths. "We need to leave. Now."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've been busy with school and reorganizing the story of this... It was just everywhere so I had to take a few days to carefully plan out the future of this story. But all looks well now, so it should be getting very interesting soon😈