Chapter 18 ~ Welcome To The World

Aaron's POV

We rush to the hospital to only to get immediately brought to a room, they change Aphmau into a thin gown and laid her down in the bed.

They started putting IVs in her. She squeezes my hand as they put a few more in her.

"It'll be okay.... You'll be okay.." I keep telling her. She looks up at me and gives me a pained smile. Then draws her attention back to what the doctors were doing.

"Here, darling. This will numb some of the pain." The nurse injects a shot with some light fluid into her, she flinches and squeezed my hand tighter.

"Aaron... I don't think I can..." She stops, as the medicine starts to kick in, making her drowsy. "I can't..." She slurs as she fades I. And out of consciousness.

"Okay. Everything is set. We can get started." The doctors say and they walk towards us.

I take a deep breath and look towards Aphmau. She finally comes to and looks at me with a worried expression.

"Now, Aphmau... You are going to have to push, okay? It's gonna hurt, but only for a bit. You ready?" The nurse says. Aphmau adjusts her grip on my hand and we nod.

"Okay now... Push on three.. One," Aphmau takes a few deep breaths.

"Two," she starts to squeeze lightly on my hand.

"Three."

*

Screams.

Was all that I could hear.

The grip on my hand was all I could feel.

The screams continued, and the grip grew tighter until it was followed by a smaller, and higher pitched cry.

The doctors cleaned it, wrapped it up in blankets and handed it to Aphmau.

"It's a girl." One of them say.

Aphmau's face lights up with a smile. Mine must've been lit up too, because she looked over at me.

"You want to hold her?" She asked. I nodded without thinking.

She hands me the girl as she made little noises. I stare at her for awhile as she moves around.

"There is a good chance she's going to be a werewolf." The doctor said.

I hesitantly handed the baby over to Aphmau and she holds her to her chest. We both look down at her, then, she opens her eyes.

"She has your eyes..." Aphmau says, and looks up at me.

I don't say anything, I just smile, and she does too. She returns her attention to the baby and adjusts the blanket so we can see her better. After she moves the blankets from her face she starts to work up a smile.

"She has your smile.." I smirk and grab Aphmau's hand.

"So, have you two come up with a name?" A nurse asked.

Aphmau looked over and smiled at me. And I nodded.

"Yes... It's Alina."

"Well... Welcome to the world, Alina."

*

After a few hours Alina was examined and she was perfectly healthy. Then Aphmau got checked out, they said she might be sore for a few days, but she'll heal.

We made our way to the car. Aphmau got in, holding Alina in her arms. I got in the driver seat and started driving home. Carefully.

We got home and Aphmau took her to her room we prepared for her and she sat her down in the crib. After Aphmau did so, she stood there, watching her every move.

I walked up slowly behind her and wrapped my arm around her, and watched, too, as our baby moved around, adjusting to her surroundings.

Out of the corner of my eye I see the sun peering through the curtains.

"Wow... We're we really gone for that long? What time did we get to the hospital?" Aphmau asks, yawning.

"Around 10 I think." I answer.

"Mmm... I need... Sleep.." She yawns again, but this time leaning into me.

"Alright... Lets get you to bed then." I say, and guide her to bed.

After she falls asleep, I go back to Alina's room and watch as Alina moves around and makes the smallest noises as she moves.

I promise you Alina... I will protect you.. And your mother... Forever.

No matter what happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if that's not how giving birth works.. I don't know what it's like, nor have I experienced it before... So I don't really know what happens during it! All I know is that it's painful🤷🏼‍♀️

But hope you enjoyed anyway!

Bia! ~💙