Chapter 17 ~ How Time Flies

Carrying a baby in your stomach is not as easy as it sounds.

I've carried this... Bowling ball for about 9 months, so I'm probably due any day now.

Aaron and I did go to the doctors, but we wanted to gender to be a surprise so we can have something else to look forward to.

Also, it turns out that Katelyn is pregnant.

She told Travis not too long after she found out, and he was happy. They want to do the same thing, and wait to find out the gender of the baby.

But the only thing about Katelyn's is... She's having twins.

She went to the doctors and when she got the ultrasound, the doc told them she has twins.

Mine and Katelyn's baby (babies) will probably be born around the same time, so at least they will have someone to play with when they get older.

Aaron has been more than helpful. For the past couple days he has been staying home, just in case I go into labor... Sounds fun... Right..?

I've also been more lazier.

Like, lazier than usual.

I sit on the couch most of the day and eat. Aaron sits with me most of the time and I like it. More cuddles!

He sometimes follows me some places around the house to ensure my safety... Even when I'm in the bathroom upstairs, he either waits in the bedroom or calls from downstairs if I'm okay every 30 seconds...

I don't blame him though. He's about to be a father... And a werewolf that's a father at that. Aren't they a little more protective than normal humans?

Speaking of werewolves, Aaron has been taking his ears and tail out more often now. Is that just a werewolf thing to protect me..? Don't know... But whatever it is, I like it... He's been more cuddly and he looks cute when he has them out!

I wonder if the baby is gonna be a werewolf...? Probably, considering that Aaron and I are.

"You okay, Aph?" Aaron says, he scares me a little as he snaps me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking..." I shrug and turn my attention to the tv.

He sighs and sits next to me. "About...?"

I look over at him and roll my eyes. "Just..." I place my hand on my stomach, "about everything... About how time flew by so fast..."

Aaron smirks and places a hand on top of mine. I lean on him as our eyes land on the screen of the tv.

*

3rd Person POV

"GOD DAMMIT TRAVIS IM GROWING TWO BABIES INSIDE ME AND I CAN'T GET A BREAK CAN I?!?!" Katelyn screamed and, frustratingly, plopped on the couch with her arms crossed.

"I'm sorry, baby! I didn't know there was a certain kind of ice cream from a certain kind of brand you wanted! I just grabbed the first box of strawberry ice cream I saw!!" Travis said, prepared to get his head chewed off from his girlfriend sitting on the couch.

"Ugh... It's fine..." She sat back and put her arms across her forehead. "I'm sorry."

"It's... Okay. I understand you're going through a lot of emotions right now—"

"Emotions?!?! What kind of emotions, I'm not—!" She pauses as she sees Travis' expression, which was currently wide eyed. "Dammit... I did it again." Katelyn groaned. "I can't wait to get this over with..."

Travis, who had a jar of strawberry ice cream in his hands, walked over to his frustrated girlfriend and sat next to her.

"Hey... It's alright. Because, at the end this will all be worth it." He smiled softly at her.

She smiled back, then she eyed the ice cream he had. "Can I have that?"

Travis took a quick glance where she was pointing. "Sure.." He handed it to her and she immediately opened it. "I'll go get you a spoon." He began to stand up and walk to the kitchen.

"Can you turn on the tv, too?" He nodded and grabbed the remote and pressed a button on it, and the screen lit up.

Katelyn thanked him as he went to go get the spoon.

'I really hope Aphmau is doing better than I am...' Katelyn thought.

*

"WAAAAHHH!! WHY DID HE HAVE TO DIE?!?! HE WAS SUCH A GOOD PERSON!!! HE SACRIFICED HIMSELF TO SAVE HIS FAMILY!! WAAAAHHH!! WHY IS THIS SO SAD?!?!" Aphmau yelled as she cried into Aaron's shirt.

"Shhh... It's okay.. It's just a movie!" Aaron tried to calm her down as he reached and grabbed her more tissues. She took them and tried to calm down. But the scene from the movie kept playing in her head.

*

Aaron did eventually get Aphmau to calm down. But only when he gave her some cookies did she do so.

Nighttime began to take over the sky and they started getting ready for bed. It took awhile longer for Aphmau to get ready, but she finished and climbed into bed.

She started to fall asleep, but then a rush of pain fell through her, then a weird feeling down at her lower body.

She sat up, then Immediately knew what it was.

"A-Aaron?" She said, trying not to panic.

"Yeah...?" He said, groggily.

"I-I think—" She paused, which made Aaron turn over to her, and his eyes widened.

"My water broke...."