Chapter 20 ~ The Problem

I didn't know what to do when I got that call. And I wasn't exactly sure if Katelyn was in labor or not. But, if she was feeling that pain then, it's best to get it checked out. And I also don't know what it's like to carry twins, so it might be more painful when they kick...

I look over next door and see a car pull up to her house, Travis got out and rushed into the house.

Wow, that was fast.

"Hey.. What are you looking at?" Aaron says, coming up behind me.

"I got a call from Katelyn... She said she was feeling a lot of pain. So I told her to call Travis because... She might be going into labor... But I wasn't sure." I said. Still looking over towards her house.

A few moments later Travis walks out with Katelyn and they head to the car.

"They're going to the hospital..." Aaron says.

"Should we go with them?" I ask, he shrugs.

"We should give them a few minutes to get there. Then we'll call and ask if they need anything. You even said yourself, you weren't so sure if Katelyn was in labor." He says, and starts to walk away when Alina starts crying from he crib.

"Right..." I sigh, and look out the window. I hope she'll be okay...

*

I pick Alina up from changing her diaper, (which isn't fun but, I have to do it..) I start to walk downstairs when I get a phone call. I reach down in my pocket and see who it is.

My mom? What could she want?

"Hello?" I answer.

"Aphmau! Hey! How have you been?" My mom says through the phone.

"I've been good... Are you on your way back from your trip? I have someone here that would love to meet you..."

"Oh, really? Who's that?" She says sarcastically. I smile to myself. I told her that I was pregnant about 5 months in and ever since, she's been dying to see the baby. "Oh! Right, sorry to destroy the mood but, the reason I called you was... It's Katelyn, she's at the hospital and something's wrong."

My heart drops. "W-What do you mean something's wrong? What happened?!"

"I don't know... But the doctors called Eric about it, and he just got me into the car and we left in a hurry. He hasn't told me yet... But we're almost there." The mood totally changed and

"Okay... I'll meet you guys there." I say bye and hang up the phone. Everything happened so fast. I'm now downstairs explain everything to Aaron.

"We need to go see if she's okay." I say and grab my stuff to leave.

"I'll go with you." I look over at him and smile.

We get in the car with Alina and go to the hospital.

Go to Katelyn.

*

"Aphmau! Over here!" I hear my mom say from the waiting room.

"Mom!" I run over to her and engulf her in a hug.

"Oh, Mija... How are you? How have you been?!" She says as she pulls away to face me.

"I've been good..." I smile and turn around to Aaron who has Alina in his arms.

"Oh... My... Irene... C-Can I...?" She gestured to Alina and I nod.

Aaron hands her the baby and she holds her.

"Oh... She's so precious..."

As she holds her, Aaron wraps his arm around my waist. "She's never going to give her back." He whispers.