Chapter 9 ~ Their Night Out

3rd Person POV

Aaron and Aphmau arrive at Olive Garden. And wait outside for Katelyn and Travis.

"Did you tell them what time we left?" Aaron says, scrolling through his phone.

"Yeah. They should be here any minute." Aphmau said, looking back at her texts to Katelyn.

They looked up, as a familiar car drives by and honked at them.

"Hey guys!" Katelyn said, as she got out of the car. She turned around back to Travis, who was driving.

"I'll find a place to park, it's crowded tonight, so I'll meet you in." Travis said. And he drove off.

They nodded and headed inside and made a reservation. A few minutes later, Travis walked in.

"Hey, what'd I miss?" He said, jokingly.

"Hey Travis! Long time no see!" Aphmau said and went up to hug him. Then Travis greeted Aaron with a handshake.

"Hello! Are you the reservation for four?" One of the waitresses ask.

"Yes! We are." Aaron turned quickly and answered.

"Alright, follow me!" She got the menus and gestures for them to follow.

They make their way towards the back of the restaurant and get seats next to a window that has a perfect view of the town.

"Here are your menus! Your waiter will be here shortly!" The woman says then walks off.

Aphmau sat next to Aaron and Katelyn, next to Travis. They were sitting across from each other so they could talk easily to one another.

They were all chatting like they normally would, then the waiter came and ordered their drinks.

"We would like red wine please!" Katelyn said, gesturing to herself and Aphmau.

"W-What..? Katelyn! I didn't agree to this!" Aphmau protested. But Katelyn insisted.

"Come on, Aph! Just a little! It won't hurt!"

"Fine! Just one..." Aphmau took a quick glance up at Aaron, who was looking at her, concerned, but she immediately put her head down to try to hide the blush that's creeping it's way onto her face.

Aaron and Travis got their drinks and the waiter walked off to get them.

"You okay Aph?" Aaron asked.

"Yeah, sorry! Just, thought of something.. But nothing important!" She added. Nervous laugh after that and he nodded.

"Okay..." He just shook it off, but kept a close eye on her for awhile while she was hiding her blush.

"So, you guys have any plans for this week?" Katelyn spoke up.

"Nope." They said. As Aphmau still held her face down while she cooled off.

"Well, I saw that they are building a skating rink around here. So I was thinking we could check that out sometime." Katelyn suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds fun." Travis said, and slowly started to put his arm around Katelyn's shoulders. She didn't protest, but she did scold at him.

Aphmau then lifts her head up. "Yeah! I'll go! When does it open?"

"I think on Wednesday at 11-ish." Katelyn shrugged.

"We could invite everyone else too!" Aphmau said.

They all agreed, then the waiter arrived and took their orders for the night and walked off.