Chapter 23

That night, Tao slept beside me. I was scared that I'll have that kind of dream again. I never imagined hearing that word from Tyrone, for real. I was sitting on the couch when he pulled me up and wiped the tears on my face, "Stop crying, your eyes are puffy again."

I bobbed my head and composed myself before we leave.

While on the car, Tao squeezed my hand. "I'm here, okay? I will always be here."

I gave him a faint smile. I am so lucky to have him right beside me. I looked at the window again and watch the people pass by. Do they have problems too? Of course, everyone has. This is just a phase. There's a lot more waiting for me. I just hope I can overcome them too.

--

"Mom," I let out a heavy sigh, "let's do the euthanasia."

Mom's eyes widened, maybe the words I said are still processing in her mind. Then I felt her arms around me. "Thank you, Crush." I can hear her sobs.

My mom is crying again. I didn't know that it was hard for them too. I was selfish, I didn't even think about them. They were hurting too.

She pulled away and held Tao's hands, "Thank you for making her understand."

Tao shook his head, "It's not because of me, Mom. She dreamt of Tyrone last night."

Mom turned to me and held my shoulders, "What did he say?" She said as she started to cry again.

I bit my lip, "H-He said 'goodbye' and he wanted me to hug all of you for him."

"He made you agree?"

"He told me that it's time for me to let him go and I realized that maybe he's having a hard time up there too."

Mom gave me a sad smile, "So it's really time for us to let him go, it already came from him." Mom acted as if she remembered something, "He told me something before."

"What is it, Mom?"

"He said that if the day that he'll die comes, he wants to donate his heart. I don't know where that came from but he just blurted it out of nowhere. Your brother is such a nice boy and I am so proud of him. He still thinks about the others even if he's dying."

W-What? "Donate his heart?" I asked and Mom nodded in return. I looked at Tao and looked back at Mom, "Alright. We're going to grant his last wish."

Mom stood up, "I'll leave you two alone, I'll just call your Dad and as the same time ask the doctor about the euthanasia."

I nodded my head and then she left. I rested my hands on Tao's lap, "What is the blood type of Suho Oppa's son?"

"MinHyun?" He asked.

"I don't know his name. Suho Oppa has only one son, right?"

His eyebrows creased, "Yeah, that's MinHyun."

"Then, can you call Suho Oppa and ask him about his son's blood type? Tyrone is type AB. Maybe we can donate his heart to MinHyun."

"Alright." He fished his phone from his pocket and dialed Suho Oppa's number.

I didn't bother to listen. I just stood up, wore the must-wears and went inside Tyrone's room, just wanna hang out with him until his last days? Hours? I don't know. As long as that machine is turned on, he's alive.

I sat beside him and held his hand, "Hey, I already agreed. I hope you can play now with the kids up there." I messed his hair, "Look how fast you grew up, I just can't believe. Time really flies so fast. It feels like only yesterday, I was just fetching you when you're in Kindergarten. Like, all you can eat was soft potatoes. Like, all you can drink is milk."

I had many regrets. I should've been there with him, only if I wasn't a Kpop Idol. But decisions are made, things are done the way they should be. The way He planned them. This is our destiny.

"You are my sunshine,
My only sunshine,
You make me happy when skies are gray,
Please don't take my sunshine away."

I sang as the flashbacks kicked in. I used to sing this song to him as he sleep when he was still young.

And I can't believe I'm singing this for the last time.

I heard someone knock, I hurriedly wiped the tears on my face and turned to the door's direction. I saw Tao walking towards my place, "Suho Hyung said that MinHyun's blood type is AB."

I smiled at him, "That's great."

"And the doctor's outside." He offered his hand and pulled me. He wiped my face first before we headed outside but before that he said, "Stop crying." and pouted.

I can appreciate all of his efforts and it all made me smile for a while. To think that he's EXO's Tao and he managed to go here in the Philippines setting aside his popularity just to be with me and comfort me. Until now, I still can't believe everything that's happening. He was my impossible dream before, the more impossible than the most impossible. Does that make sense? Well I think, of all the blessing that I ever received, he was the most special. He's the one I'm most thankful of.

Let's have this talk for a while. A lot of you would agree if I'll tell you that he's not the most handsome, is he? There's Kris, there's Sehun. The other 11 are there. But not because he's not the most handsome, he's not the sexiest. I'll lay my cards in the table, he's as sexy as Kai. He's just not that head turning on stage because Luhan and Kai is in the middle where the spotlight is always spotted. But he is indeed sexy. I call the two of them as the 'Sexy Line', we can add Sehun but that would make them as the 'Maknae Line'.

I was brought back to reality when he squeezed my hand and guided me to the couch. We sat next to each other. The doctor opened up the topic about donating Tyrone's heart and I told him that I have someone in mind. He asked me who is it and I answered, "Kim MinHyun from Seoul, South Korea."

He nodded his head and told us that they'll just talk to the head of Seoul Medical Center where MinHyun is confined about the heart surgery. "When do you want to do the euthanasia?" He asked.

My parents turned to me and I said, "As soon as possible."

He excused himself for a while and came back with papers on his hands. It's the wavers about the surgery and the euthanasia, proof that we agreed and that it's not him who decided about it.

He said that the euthanasia is scheduled after two hours because they need to prepare the operating room for the heart surgery.

We all went inside Tyrone's room and prayed for his soul. My mom cried, of course I did too. Art was there beside me, Tao and him were holding me by the shoulders. We just stayed there for two hours then the doctor and the nurses went in. I don't know what they did, at the end they clicked the machine and pulled the plug.

The doctor glanced at his watch, "Time of death 11:26 am, Tyrone Santiago."

And it was the time. Goodbye, Tyrone.