Chapter 22

I rapidly grabbed my things for I don't want to have a nonsense conversation with my parents, they'll just compel me that I should say yes with that Euthanasia. And I don't want to. My mind is totally sealed about that topic. It's a word with thorns on it, it makes my heart bleed and everything.

"Let's go." I shakily hiccuped.

He wore his facemask and his sunglasses and pulled me with him. "Uljima." I felt his hand on my back. I bobbed my head even though we both know that I can't control the tears.

As usual, there's a bunch of reporters outside. There are more reporters today, especially now that Tao is here. We ran as fast as we could and hopped inside the car. It was good idea that our driver is here. "Take us back to the house." I looked at him, "Is your luggage here?"

He gave me a nod, "Art transferred it here because he said he'll take the car to the car wash."

--

"I thought you'd be bringing your usual clothes in Korea." I said as I arrange his clothes to the guest room's walk-in closet.

"You told me before that itwas hot here, right? So I decided not to bring those." He muttered while adjusting the air conditioner.

I nodded my head and continued doing what I was doing. He brought tank tops and v-neck shirts, which is weird for him because he loves to be fashionable and he cares too much about what to wear. "What do you want for dinner? I'll tell the maids about it."

"Anything would be fine."

I grabbed his phone and entered the wi-fi password, I know he's itching to ask for it. I went downstairs and headed to the kitchen, "Ate, pwede po ba kayong magluto ng masustansiyang pagkain para sa amin?" [Ahjumma, can you cook something healthy for us?] She smiled and nodded her head, "Salamat po." [Thank you.]

I was about to step on the stairs when the telephone rang, I hurriedly answered it thinking about emergency, "Yobosey--Hello?"

[Good evening, is this Elle?] The speaker asked.

My brows curled, "Yes and may I ask who's this please?"

[Ah. I'm a reporter from News 9 and I would like to invite you and your boyfriend for an interview---]

"Uhmm. Sorry but we're not interested, I hope you understand." I said before I end the call. I sounded rude, but can you blame me? I've been receiving the same type of calls everytime and I am so tired of rejecting their offers. Can't they understand that I have a life to think and take care of too? This isn't so easy to deal with and I'm getting sick of it.

"Who was it?" I heard Tao asked.

I let out a heavy sigh and sat on the couch, "Another reporter."

He sat beside me and draped his arm on my shoulders. We were silent for a long while until he decided to break the ice, "Tell me that reason why you disagreed with euthanasia?"

"Simply because I don't want Tyrone to die. You know that, right?" I retorted.

He rubbed his hand on my arm, "Do you want to see him growing on that bed? Breathing but not living?" He sighed, "Really, Crush? Do you want to prolong the pain that everyone's feeling and the misery that Tyrone is having? That are the things your parents want to tell you. It is hard for them too but they decided to let Tyrone go because witnessing him lying there is worse than seeing him dying."

I hugged him and cried on his chest. I can't bear this pain anymore.

--

"Noona!" I looked around to search where that voice came from, I knew it was Tyrone. It is very familiar.

"Tyrone, where are you?" I shouted.

Then I felt his short arms around my waist, "There you are." I stooped down and hugged him. I missed hugging him this tight. "Where are we, Ty?"

He giggled, "We're in the place where I am right now." He held my hand, "I'll show you around, Noona."

I looked around and saw that this place is really beautiful, it looks like a paradise. The air is different from the air in the Philippines, it seems like this air doesn't know what pollution is. The big trees, the ponds and the bright sun.

I stopped walking because he did, "Why did you stop, Ty?" I saw him staring at the kids who are endlessly giggling and running around in circles, "Do you want to play with them too?"

He looked at me but he just gave me a sad smile, "I can't, Noona."

My eyebrows creased, "Why can't you?"

"Because of you."

My eyes widened, "W-What? W-Why?"

He just shrugged and pulled me until we sat on one of the benches. "You can't play with them because I am here?" I desperately asked.

"It's because you don't want to let me go when you have to, I'll be forever alone if you won't. Noona, I am happy here. I can watch Mom, Dad, Art Hyung and.. you." He squeezed my hand, "It's time for me to go, Noona. So please let me." I saw a tear fell from his eye, "I want you to be happy too, you don't have to worry about me. He will take care of me." He hugged me soooooooooooo tight. It was the tighest hug he ever gave me, "Can you hug everyone for me, Noona?"

I can't speak, I was tongue tied. All I know is that I am crying.

"I hope you'll let me go. Please live a happy life, I'll be watching you from above." Then he ran away from me.

"Tyrone! Come back here, Ty!" I tried running after him but I lost him.

"Tyrone!!!!!" I opened my eyes.

"Crush!" I felt someone hug me.

I was catching my breath, it feels like I ran 5 kilometers, there are tears in my eyes, and Tao is hugging me.

W-What was that?

I-Is it goodbye?

I hugged Tao back and cried again, "He.. He said goodbye.. Fudge it! He did.." I said between my sobs.