Chapter 31

She heard some voices and anticipated that goons are near her, so she started running but someone held her hand and pulled her beside a tree, that's when she realised that....

Avni - Neil ( smiling in tears ).

Neil - ( cups her face ) Avni. ( smiling in tears ).

They heard goons talking with each other.

Goon 1 - Its getting dark, I don't think  we would be able to find her at this time.

Goon 2 - Mam will kill us if she didn't get Avni.

Goon 1 - We should alert the guards standing at the boundary of the forest and we will go towards the entrance. Even if she is here she will try to follow us, then we can catch her.

Goon 2 - Let's go now.

The goons left and Neil led out a sigh of relief. He saw Avni was very weak and was struggling to stand on her feet. Moreover her body was covered with wounds which were enough to give panic attack to Neil.

Neil - Avni.. Avni are ...are you fine ? ( tears filled eyes ).

Avni - ( weak voice ) Neil....your mom.

Neil - I know Avni. I know.. ( broken voice ).

Avni buries her face in his chest while he wrapped his arms around her waist and held her protectively. Avni was crying while Neil was trying to calm her.

Avni - Neil.. ( broken voice ).

Neil - I am here baby. I am here. ( teary eyes ).

Avni was wincing in pain while Neil was shattered after watching her condition.

Neil carried her in his arms and started moving forward. He wanted to follow the goons so that they can go outside this forest but Avni's condition wasn't good and he thought to spend this night in the forest itself. Avni was clinging on his chest like a baby while he trying to find a safe place.

He located a big tree and placed Avni behind that tree. He brought some straw and arranged those dried stalks under the tree. Avni got up and started walking at slower pace, Neil held her and made her lie on the straw. She was looking quite weak while Neil was examining her body in order to see if she's bruised badly.

Neil got up and was about to go somewhere but Avni held his hand and pulled him ontop of her.

Avni - ( weak voice ) Please don't go away now. I want to be with you.

Neil hugs her while she hugs him back.

Neil - I am here only, give me 10 minutes, I will be back. Okay !!

Avni shook her head negatively like a child while Neil plants a kiss on her cheek.

Neil - Only 10 minutes Avni. You are my strong girl. Right ?

Avni nods positively and Neil went away.

Though Avni is a strong girl but she is also a human being, a girl with heart. A girl who lost her everything in the childhood, she got love in the form of Neil after a long time and now she don't want to loose him. The emptiness she have suffered in these two days have made her love Neil more and more as now she can't assume her life without her Neil. Finding Neil was equal to finding her life back.

After watching Avni's vulnerable condition, Neil was shattered but he also knew that he is the only one whom Avni shows her real broken self. Like him, Avni have also suffered from the emptiness as they both were separated since two days and for both of them, these two days were equal to two years.

Neil came near the pond as he wanted some water for Avni. He made a basket by using straw and wood and filled some water in it through the pond. He made another basket and collected some edible wild fruits present in the forest. He ran towards Avni and saw her sitting there. As soon as she saw him, a smile appeared on her lips. He smiled back at her and sat beside her.

Neil - Here, have some water. ( while forwarding basket having water ).

She drinks the water and made him drink as well as she knew he was also thirsty and tired. He made her have some fruits while she made him ate some.

Neil pulled out a handkerchief from his pocket and dipped it in the remaining water. He wiped her forehead's wound tenderly with wet handkerchief while she winces in pain. He blows air on her wound and rubs the clotted blood. He plants a soft kiss on her forehead while she closes her eyes. He gently wipes the wounds present on her arms and places tender kisses on both of her arms and palms. He removed her top in order to  see if there is any injury. Fortunately there was none. He again made her wear her top and covered her with his jacket. He positioned her on the straw and laid beside her. Avni covered their upper bodies with his jacket while he admires her lovingly. She snuggles closer and claimed his lips into a passionate kiss, he responds passionately yet gently. They broke the liplock and Avni kept her head on his chest, Neil wrapped his arms around her and soon both of them  drifted into a peaceful sleep.

In morning Neil woke up and found Avni sleeping peacefully in his arms. He smiles while looking at her adorable face.

Neil - Avni. ( pats her cheeks lovingly ).

Avni - Hmm. ( sleepy voice ).

Neil - Get up. We have to go from here before goons comes back.

Avni slowly opens her eyes and looks into his hazel orbs which were having some other kind of emotion in them. It was guilt. Avni knew that he was feeling guilty as one of his close family member have  betrayed him and is responsible for Avni's condition.

Avni kissed his cheeks lovingly.

Avni - Please don't feel guilty, you aren't responsible for this.

Neil - I was scared Avni. I was afraid that I will loose my lifeline, my Avni. ( tears brimming from his eyes ).

Avni wipes his tears and kissed his forehead.

Avni - Let's forget about past and focus on present and future.

Neil nods and both of them got up and started finding their way.

》》》》》》》

Here it ends. Do drop your views.

Much love
Thanks 💖