10: Him

Couple Days Before

Saiki reluctantly sits down with his 'friends' at lunch. Nendou and Kaido blabbers nonstop, so he glances around to see what's happening.

Mmmm I love cafeteria food!
Someone thinks, and then Teruhashi's thoughts suddenly barges its way into Saiki's head.
Oh! There's Saiki! ... and his friends too. Why don't I make their day and come on over!

CRASH!

They both look over as rice and beans flew through the air. The stream of profanities coming from that area didn't seem to match the situation.

Oh shoot! I hit @$4€ing Rau!

What's this kids deal?!

"Oh man sorry Rau!" Toritsuka apologizes over and over again.

Said kid smiles gently. "It's ok Tori! I'll just buy another, or-"

"Ah let me buy you lunch! Please it's the least I can do!" Toritsuka argues.

Saiki sighs again and looks back around, only to have his head snap back over to your table. Teruhashi was sashaying over, gushing over Rau.
But what caught his attention was you frowning angrily at the one grain of rice in your lap.
Miraculously there was no soda on you, but he couldn't say the same for Toritsuka and Rau.
There was another girl next to you who has gone mute with two of the school hotties standing right in front of her.

Meanwhile you still stare angrily at everyone.

Omigosh it's flippin Rau! Have a nice day! Enjoy the next 24 hours of your life you little-

O o f

How could someone keep a straight face while thinking such evil thoughts?
Saiki could only think of a certain blue-haired angel.

Come to think of it...
Saiki thinks,
How come I haven't seen this girl before?

He gathers that your name is (l/n), because Rau is graciously asking you and Yoriko if he could buy your lunches. You seem like a regular ol' introvert who'd open up to her friends once she gets to know them, but your agressive thoughts said otherwise.
But you're only angry with Rau...

Why do you hate him so much? He isn't like Teruhashi, maybe you're being a bit judgmental...
Do you have a tsundere type crush on Rau?

Saiki attempts to further investigate your face and he catches your eyes narrowing towards him.
Quickly breaking eye contact Saiki looks the other way, just as you get up to go somewhere with Teruhashi.

Transfer then...?
Then she might talk to Teruhashi about Rau.

Due to his curious nature, Saiki wants to follow you and Teruhashi but finds no suitable opening. Shrugging he went back to his meal, and no sooner had people started getting up to leave for next period.

Following Kaido and Nendou to class, Saiki somehow finds himself in close proximity to you and freezes...
He hears a fragment of your startling thoughts.

'Could mask a human scream.'

Day After

Walking Saiki to school was his 'friends'. As always he says nothing and they continue their conversation.
"Hey!" Nendou shouts.

"Hey! Hey you! With the (h/c) hair!"
Saiki glances up to see you reluctantly walk towards the four guys.
Kaido went ahead to introduce himself after scolding Nendou, but also making a somewhat rude remark. Then Nendou also introduces the 'group'.
"And don't forget Saiki here of course!"
You quickly give Saiki a calculated glance.
He hears only fragments of your thoughts though, and it perks his interest... -only a tiny bit.

Why is it so scattered...? Saiki mulls.
Then your thoughts intrudes as well.

Must be shy...

Nope, not it. Saiki thinks in return.

Or annoyed with everything...
At this fragment, Saiki glances over at you, who now continues walking at a fast pace.
Only a few minutes later in awkward silence between you two, Itano comes running up.
It gave you permission to leave and Saiki was certain he would meet you later.
He had too.

Then it was decided. At the tournament tomorrow Saiki could collect more data on you, and he wouldn't have to worry about your scattered-brained thoughts.