17: Simulation Theory

Sunday morning Rau rolls out of bed. The boy, contrary to popular belief, was actually the son of a smart middle-class family. They knew how and where to spend their money, thus giving their only son more toys to play with.
Rau scratches his head and faces the mirror. Yawning he looks at himself in the mirror and finds a comb. The blonde brushes his hair and changes clothes.
Sunday attire for going out. Oh look at me being fancy...

He walks into the kitchen and grabs some cereal.
Ding!
Rau checks his phone.

Mom
"Tomi"
"Why didn't you reply to my text yesterday"

Me
"Uh mom, yesterday I "
"Hey mom what happened yesterday I forgot :/"

You yawn as you drum your fingers against the door of your fridge. You are seriously contemplating the simulation theory. Think about it; the fridge is the games main save check-point... not your bed, because no one sleeps anymore these days... you yourself is a phone addict and 9am-2 am is your main time-frame to watch YouTube videos.

Walking around, you circle back to the fridge. "Damn I mean I'm hungry but there's nothing in the fridge I want... then I open it and zone out..." You muse.

You collapse on your couch and think. Dads out working and things, but I'm still upset over yesterday...

Anger slowly starts to bubble again as you recall that event.
You blow out a defeated sigh. "Let's go for a walk shall we."

All dressed up for the fall-like weather, you stop to contemplate how it's not snowing yet.
Oh yeah, Christmas is coming up. I wonder if our classes are doing anything special...?

You walk towards the park near PK and wonder if any of your classmates would be there. Passing the houses on your block you feel a burning sensation on your back.
Nani? Is there a creepy stalker dude I will punch-

You turn around and meet face to face with non-other than the infamous Rau.
"Oh hey (l/n)!" He greets shyly.
Oh wow I finally get to talk to (l/n)...
He thinks.

"..."

Turning you start walking but Rau matches your stride. "H-hey! Are you still mad at me for spilling soda all over you? I'm sorry, I guess I never formally apologized to you..." he sheepishly asks, and he stretches his arm out to you.
You glance at him, giving a great show of turning your head slowly down then up, taking in every detail of his sheepish attitude.
He doesn't seem like he's lying.

You stomp the ground with one foot and sigh. "Thanks." You quickly reply and keep walking. You hoped to have scared him off, but Rau seems bent on earning your friendship as his classmate...

And maybe something more... ack! No!
Rau shakes his head. One step at a time. I like her I admit it, but let's be friends first I don't think she'd like it if I... yeah...

You notice the tall blondes face turning a bit pink, and you raise an eyebrow.

Does he like me... wait hey! When did he suddenly get to be the tall handsome type?
You look him up and down again.
What the hell... I was hell bent on gaining (insert maybe achievable height here) but Statistics Japan tells me that boys easily can surpass girls height so I'm stuck being shorter than guys even though I want to be that height....

You sigh. It wouldn't be so bad having a couple guys after me... maybe I can finally forget about... the other guy.

"Erm... is it okay if I spend the day with you?" Rau quickly asks.
You know what, maybe I can stop being angry after all.

"Sure, why not."

You watched Rau's face light up and you smile a bit. Just a tiny bit.

//////////

Huuuuuuu sorryfor the later later later update. I have a ton of things planned I guess and the months are crazy now. Well I really want the story to start progressing but you know I think I'll need to revamp my writing a bit... again.
Soooooo here is some progression on Rau but fear not it's short lived... for now.
Saiki will come into the picture soon and so will your mysterious past guy! :D Idk if I'd call that spoilers but I'll delete it if it's too much...
(////)