2: Replace

Couple of months later

Walking into the the cafeteria, you see Toritsuka and Itano, seemingly getting along after a little incident.
"Hey (l/n)!" Toritsuka and Itano greet.
Frowning at your cheap bento-box you sit down with them.

"Toritsuka agreed to buy me lunch today." Itano filled you in.

Smirking slightly, you glance at an embarrassed Toritsuka. "And what did you do now?" You tease lowly, Itano chuckling along.

The violet-haired boy sheepishly looks down and starts to get up to buy the requested lunch, just as a blonde kid sprints by, causing a collision!
Rice flies everywhere, and an unlucky drink spills its orange content onto the poor boys.

"Oh man sorry Rau!" Toritsuka apologizes to the tall blonde over and over again.
Surprisingly, the rich kid smiles softly. "It's ok Tori! I'll just buy another, or-"

"Ah let me buy you lunch! Please it's the least I can do!" Toritsuka interjects, trying to redeem himself.

You frowned again when Itano added, "Do you even have enough to buy your own?" Again, this causes Toritsuka's face to heat up with embarrassment.

The rich kid, Rau, laughed. "Oh it's no big deal, how about this? Let's just eat together ok? On me!" He points at himself for effect.

"But-"

"And you lovely ladies can join us too! Especially (l/n), come help us out!" Rau holds a soaked arm out to you and Itano, whose face was dusted with pink while you try to hold an expressionless face, processing the situation.

"Fu-"

O o f

Itano elbows you hard and replies for the both of you. "Oh that would be wonderful! Rau you're so kind!"

First off, where did Itano get that high-class accent? And second, she elbowed me before I could flip 'im off.
You continue to frown angrily.
Rau takes note of that.

Upon hearing the collision though, a blue haired girl had ran up to them.
"Oh no Rau! What happened?" Teruhashi asks worriedly.
The man in question froze when he heard Teruhashi's voice.

"Uh... Uh... j-just a little accident no problem!" Toritsuka answers for the both of them.

You finally got up and brushed some rice off and offered to get a janitor. Teruhashi wanted to come too, so you ended up walking together, almost running down the halls... Well, Teruhashi mostly. You are a fast walker.

It was a steely silence, then Teruhashi finally broke it to your dismay.

"I... um... (l/n), can I ask you something?" The blue-haired angel asks, her sweet voice tickling the air.

Your eyebrows shooting upwards, you glance at the glowing girl sideways, not fully turning your head. "Yeah... what is it?"

"Um... remember the book you let me borrow..?"

"Yeah...?"

"Would you be mad if I... perhaps... lost it?" Her voice wavered on the last couple of words, and you knew you were in for something.

"Uh yeah bu-"

"Well I bought the first and second volumes, first edition of course, for you because I feel very bad and I'm terribly sorry (l/n)!" She squeaks, taking you off guard for a couple seconds.

Standing there you open your mouth again to say something but stop short and try and get a good read on her face.

She does seem sincere... but... aha!

You guessed it...

She had wanted to keep your signed copy and replace it with a 2 first editions! Valuable trade, but not good enough...

Teruhashi mistakes your agape mouth for shock. She thrusts the two mint condition books into your hands with her head down, shielding her seemingly embarrassed face.

Wait where did she get those...?
"Um... well I gotta say thank you Teruhashi but-" You start.

BRRRR-IIING!

Alas, the bell has rung.
"I'm terribly sorry again (l/n), please accept my gift, I really don't want to be late for class!"

With that the glowing blue-haired girl runs off in a hurry, boys soon trailing behind her.

Starting towards your classroom you take a scrutinizing glare at your new books.

I will take back my signed copy. Even if it's the last thing I do...

Then, a (not-so random) random thought flashed through your seemingly ignorant head.

This bell could mask a scream, the sound is around 80 decibels, while an average human scream is around the same range, just about a couple decibels lower.
A good bit of information...

Meanwhile a certain pink-head froze mid-step, while you kept walking.