Things Changing

This is the sequel to Hearts in All Directions.

Alexis P.O.V.

"So what's on the schedule for today?" I asked, yawning as I walked into the living room.

"Radio interview later around 12, but that's it. Nice, easy day," Liam replied, smiling from the couch.

It'd been a week since the boys had released their album, and it was already a huge hit throughout the UK. They'd be releasing it in the US soon too, and I was anxious to see how they received it.

"Good morning!" Louis screamed from the kitchen, waving at me excitedly. I rolled my eyes, he was always too enthusiastic in the morning.

"Morning Lou. What's for breakfast?"

"Eggs! I made them!"

I looked at him with worry. "Are they edible?"

He pretended to be hurt and put his hand over his heart. "Would I try and feed you bad food?"

"I don't know, Lou. Your cooking worries me," I chuckled as I grabbed a plate and some eggs. They didn't look like they'd poison me.

I cautiously took a bite while Louis watched me expectantly. "Not bad, Lou," I said after swallowing.

His face lit up. "Good! I was too worried to eat any until someone else had tried them, and Liam refused!" he said, grabbing his own plate.

"I was your guinea pig!?" I screamed.

He smiled at me innocently before digging into his own plate. I rolled my eyes, ignoring my immature boyfriend.

"Hey Lex, you wanna run the store with me?" Liam asked, stepping into the kitchen to put his cereal bowl in the sink.

"Or you could go with me!" Louis quickly said, shooting Liam a look.

"Go with you where, Louis?" I asked cautiously. He seemed dumbfounded by my question. "Exactly. Yeah, I'll go with you, Liam."

"Ok, we'll leave in ten," Liam said, leaving the kitchen. Louis followed him, abandoning his eggs. They hadn't been on great terms, but at least they talked to each other.

"You know, she would have picked me if I had somewhere to go," Louis said lowly, but loud enough that I could hear. "She always picks me."

I heard Liam scoff. "Are you really going to keep making digs like that? We both know she loves you, not me. I get it, Louis," he replied in a whisper. Did they really think I couldn't hear them. And what did Liam mean? Louis was making digs? And I knew Liam liked me. He'd told me. But he didn't love me, right?

I heard footsteps and a door banging before Louis reappeared in the kitchen, smiley as ever. So they definitely thought I didn't hear.

I abruptly got up and put my dishes in the dishwasher before going to my room. I closed the door and sat on my bed.

Was Louis really making digs at Liam about how I'd "chosen" him? I guess if I think back, there had been a few instances where I'd walk into a room full of tension, and when I entered, they'd both instantly relax and act like nothing had happened. I guess it made sense then. Louis was rubbing it in Liam's face. But how could he do that? Louis was so nice and kind, he wouldn't do something like that, would he?

I got up and found Liam in the living room getting ready. "Hey Liam, I'm not gonna be able to go. Maybe you should ask Niall instead," I said as I made my way towards Zayn's room, not facing him.

He took a moment before muttering, "Yeah, whatever," and then made his way towards Niall's room.

I knocked on Zayn's door. He was probably still asleep, so I opened the door a little bit, to find him passed out on the bed, completely wrapped up in the covers. I stepped inside, closing the door behind me.