Other Options

Liam P.O.V.

"Doctor, doctor! I think Zayn just woke up!" I yelled down the hall, not caring if I woke up the entire hospital.

Nurses and the doctor burst into the room, slamming me against the back wall. All I could do was slink back into my chair and watch as they fiddled with his heart monitor and IV's.

My heart was pounding. What if I was wrong? But I wasn't. I had heard him groaning. I saw him shift around. I know what I heard and saw. I know it.

"Liam, can you tell me what happened?" one of the younger nurses asked me in a soft voice, noticing my obviously tense state. I didn't remove my eyes from Zayn, who had now returned to his comatose state.

"He was groaning. Really softly. And so I called out his name and he shifted a bit. I don't know, that was all I could tell. But it's good, right? He's going to wake up soon, right?" I asked her, prying my eyes away from my band mate and on to the lady's soft features as she made marks on her clipboard.

She gave me her usual rehearsed smile accompanied with a nod. "He's going to be just fine, Liam. We'll have to wait for him to fully wake up, but he'll recover."

I shrugged her off, not really caring about what she was saying to me. It was all fake and rehearsed. But I believed it anyway, because it had to be true. I mean, he had been awake.

But now I was stuck between leaving Zayn's side to tell Louis and Lex or staying and seeing if he fully wakes up. The nurse had moved out of the room, leaving just a handful of nurses being commanded by the one head doctor. My eyes flitted between the door and Zayn's body. He was asleep, how much could I really miss if I just went to go tell them for two minutes?

I noticed one of the nurses watching me with concern. "I'm going to go tell Lou and Lex. If that's okay," I added quickly, wanting to make sure I didn't miss Zayn waking up or anything.

The nurse gave me her own rehearsed smile and a nod towards the door, affectively allowing me to leave the room. I'm assuming the chances of him waking up in the next two minutes were pretty slim anyway.

I hurried down the hall. The hospital was very quiet compared to the chaos going on in Zayn's room. I had to remind myself that it was almost midnight, so most people were asleep.

I shuffled quickly down the hall and knocked twice on Lex's door. I got a muffled response before I flung the door open.

"Liam?" Louis asked, looking clearly startled. Lex just watched me with that same vacant expression she'd been wearing since she'd woken up.

"Zayn started to wake up," I said sounding surprisingly shaky and I could feel my eyes heat up and tears run down my face.

"What, Zayn's awake?" Louis exclaimed, leaping out of his chair.

I shook my head, wiping away my tears and internally cursing myself for being such a baby. "No, he's not awake. But he was like groaning and he moved a bit. Then he just went back to normal."

"Oh," Louis said, deflating.

"Well I think that's great," Lex piped in from her bed. "He'll wake up soon then, right?"

"I suppose so," I shrugged.

"Lex, do you mind if I go see him?" Louis asked her.

She shook her head. "Of course not. I'm really tired, so I'm going to get some sleep. But you two go ahead."

Alexis P.O.V.

Louis and Liam both shot me gracious smiles before breezing out of the room without even a second glance.