1 2 : 5 7 | P M

Elliot leant against the door frame with a smile

Elliot leant against the door frame with a smile. His night with Isabella may not have been something out of a perfect romance novel, but it was certainly something similar. It had been a while since he had just taken a few hours to think and talk about his problems. It sort of reminded him of why he had called up Never Alone Helpline in the first place.

"So...uh...I'm having a party at my house tomorrow night."

"Really? I didn't pin you as a party sort of guy."

"Oh, I'm not! I saw years of my older brothers hosting them, saw the aftermath and thought that the whole party scene wasn't for me."

"Then why are you hosting a party?"

"Oh, it's not that kind of party. No alcohol or anything. Just some music with some food. It was my mum's idea, actually, she thought that our family had shut ourselves away from the world after what happened to dad, so she asked us all to invite all our friends over so we could all become a bit more social again and I was...I was wondering if you'd like to go."

"Oh...well. That sounds like fun. Do I get to make music requests?"

Elliot laughed at that. "Of course. But first I need to get Spotify Premium so I don't get any ad inturruptions."

It was Isabella's turn to laugh now. "What, you don't have a DJ?"

"Not as of presently. Mum didn't really think that bit through."

"I can get you one if you want."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Turns out my Aunt's new boyfriend is a DJ."

"For real?"

"Yeah. The guy's good looking and all, but he's not all there in the head. Lovely guy though, really sweet. I met him last week. I'm sure he'd be happy to DJ for you. For free, actually."

"Thanks Isabella, sounds like tons more fun than my Spotify playlist and some dodgy old speakers."

She laughed again. "So...I'll see you in Friday, yeah?"

"Yeah, I sure hope so because you're bringing the DJ."

"See you then, Elliot."

"Yeah, see you then."

He stared at her door for a moment after it closed.