1 . 1 2

Noah = Normal Text

Vaughn = Bold, Underlined

Vaughn Myers raised his eyebrows at the caller ID that flashed up on his phone screen. He hadn't heard from the guy in years, and, in all honesty, he hadn't really expected to. He had always imagined old school friends to remain where they belonged, as old school friends. He never really expected to be contacted any of them again. But, nevertheless, he accepted the call.

"Noah?"

"Hey man, how you doing?"

"Is that really Noah Davis?"

"The one and only."

"Man, it's been so long, how have you been, man?"

"It's okay Vaughn. You don't have to pretend that you don't know. You must have seen it on the news by now."

"Yeah...your dad he...I just can't picture it, you know? He was always so...nice."

"He didn't mean to. Not really. He just got a bit carried away, you know?"

"You been holding up okay?"

"Barely."

"..."

"But, it's better now, I guess. We kind of brought the family back together again and it's...it's a lot better when we're together."

"That's good then."

"But...I actually have a question to ask you."

"Hit me with it."

"Do you still have a crush on my little brother?"

"Elliot?"

"Yeah."

"Well, judging by the fact that I am currently coming up with a way to propose to my boyfriend, I would say no."

"Phew. That's a relief. Otherwise this would be really awkward."

"It...it would?"

"Yup. I need a favor."

"A favor?"

"Uh-huh. Meet me at my house tomorrow morning at eight."

"Uh...okay. Do I, uh...do I need to bring anything?"

"Nope. Just bring yourself and your bike."

"My motorbike?"

"Uh-huh."

"What? Why?"

"Just bring the bike, Vaughn."