3 : 0 1 | P M

Elliot = Bold

Normal Text = Maddie's mum

"Hello?"

"Hey Elliot, this is Maddie's mum."

"Oh...hey Mrs Pierce."

"Oh, please honey, you know you can call me Vicky."

"Yeah...uh...hey Vicky. Um...not to be rude or anything but uh...why are you calling me?"

"You mean I can't just call up to see how you're doing?"

"No...I...I...mean...yeah. I...I just...I wasn't expecting a call from you, I guess. I...I haven't seen you in a while. I...uh...how've you been Mrs Pi-Vicky?"

"Alright, thank you. And you're right, Elliot. We haven't seen each other in a while. My daughter always seems to be stealing you from me. Our families haven't met up for dinner in such a long time. We'll have to arrange something. I always love your mum's cooking. Maybe we can come around yours?"

"I...uh...I don't think that...mum...she's not exactly..."

"Or of course you can always come round ours."

"Maybe...I...that would be nice...nice to catch up with you all, I guess."

"Oh yes! I heard your brothers were back! How are they both?"

"They...uh...they're okay."

"Oh, that's great then! We can all-"

"Look, Vicky...Victoria...I...love you and all but I...is there a real purpose for you calling me? I...I'm kind of in the middle of something right now."

"Oh, you are? I'm so sorry to disturb you, Elliot! But I suppose I should just get straight to the point. I...um...it's about Maddie."

"Maddie?"

"Yeah...does she...does she seem okay to you?"

"What do you mean by 'okay'?"

"I...she's just been acting really weird and I...I don't know what to do and I...you're the person who knows her best, Elliot. I just thought that...that maybe you would know what was up with her."

"What...why doesn't she seem okay to you?"

"She doesn't eat much. She...she doesn't sleep much and she...she wears an absurd amount of makeup. Like...like way more than she usually does and she...she doesn't really talk to us anymore. I...I don't know. Maybe it's stupid but I'm really, really worried about her. I...maybe it's a mum thing. I...just...I don't know, Elliot. Has anyone been mean to her at school or anything? Maybe made her doubt her appearance or weight or something because she...she hasn't been eating properly for weeks and I...I'm really starting to get worried."

"..."

"Elliot?"

"I...I...I'm sorry...I...I don't know what's wrong with her, Mrs Pierce."

"Oh...okay then. Could you...could you try talking to her then? She won't listen to us but maybe she'll listen to you. You know, being her boyfriend and all."

"Boyfriend?"

"Yeah, boyfriend. Why do you sound so confused, Elliot? You've been dating for two years now. It shouldn't be too hard to remember."

"No...no...it isn't. I...I've just got a lot on my mind right now."

"Oh, of course! How silly of me! I can't believe I forgot! No wonder our families haven't seen each other in ages! How have you been doing, love?"

"Oh I...I've been...fine."

"Really?"

"N..no. Not really."

"I hope you feel better soon darling. Your family didn't deserve this."

"Yeah...yeah...I know. So...uh...did you want me to talk to Maddie for you?"

"Oh yes! Thank you, darling, I really appreciate it. Remember to invite your mother over to dinner, won't you?"

"I sure will Mrs Pierce."