7 : 4 3 | P M

Elliot = Bold

Isabella = Italics

"Damn. I feel like such a coward."

"..."

"Hanging up on you was a really, really cowardly move. Kind of hypocritical, actually, don't you think? I called you up in order to tell you that it was okay to confide in someone and yet, when I tried to confide you, I walked away like the dumb coward I am. I would say I'm sorry, because I am, but not for the reason you're probably thinking."

"..."

"I...I'm not sorry for hanging up on you. That was my decision and I'm not going to apologise for what I felt was right in the moment. I wanted, no, needed to hang up because I'm not mentally ready to confide in someone yet. I thought I was, hence the whole calling up this helpline thing, but I'm not." 

"..."

"I'm really not ready. Like...like you said in your voicemail. Forcing ourselves to confess just because we feel that we have to isn't going to work because...because we don't have to confess, Isabella. I'm sorry for making it feel like we did. We can choose to bottle it all up inside and keep our secrets until the day we die. But we don't. Do you..do you know why that is?"

"..."

"I don't. But...I do have a hunch. Maybe it's because we're human. Because...in one way or another, we have to pass the pain on. Because we can't keep it all inside. The pain is too much to bear alone. The pain of others is too much to bear alone. Some people write in diaries to get it out. Some people watch sad movies and read sad books in order to cry and pretend that it's the movie making them sad. To make themselves believe that it's the movie that's making them sad."

"..."