1 0 : 1 1 | A M

Needless to say, ice skating was as much of a triumph as it was a disaster

Neither Elliot or Isabella could quite remember the last time they had laced a pair of skates onto their feet, which proved to be quite a problem as they attempted to hobble out of the locker room and onto the rink. Clinging to each other the whole way to prevent each other from toppling over. From what Isabella could remember as a child, the rental skates had not been so uncomfortable or impossible to walk in. Elliot, by contrast, had forgotten how much he begged and pleaded his parents not to take him ice skating. 

The actual skating wasn't any easier, both members of the party clinging onto the wall as they struggled to prevent their feet from slipping out from beneath them, almost shuffling around the rink as other people, including small children, zoomed past them. Isabella would have found it all very tedious if it wasn't for the very explicit commentary Elliot was giving behind her. "And here comes another ******* twat on  ******* speed skates, obnoxious ******* trying to knock everyone else the **** out."

Despite the obvious lack of skill, the pair found themselves having a lot of fun, especially when the other member of the partnership tumbled down onto the ice for the hundredth time. Isabella's cheeks hurt from smiling so much. Just as her knees hurt from falling down so much. So much that she found herself not really caring, choosing to focus on the triumphant feeling instead. The triumphant feeling of skating on top of the ice instead of falling through it like she usually did. 

She burst out laughing as Elliot fell to the ground after attempting to spin like the guy in the middle of the rink had previously been doing. He had said that it was "something anyone can do". Because, apparently it "wasn't that hard". His embarrassed expression as she extended a hand to help him up told her otherwise.

After a while, they pushed away from the safety of the wall. For, who needed the stability of a wall they could just as easily hold onto each other?