Chapter One: Surprise!

Okay so finally I decided to write a strictly girlxgirl novel. I think it is very imperative that I atleast write one,so here it is.

Chapter One: Surprise!

The car ride to Virgina was one of the longest I've ever taken. The landscape was green and dreary. Moving days were always hard,but it had to be done.My parents loved to travel around the country so I've basically lived everywhere. But this trip had nothing to do with leisure. My great aunt Tabitha had died a couple of months ago but,it never really affected our family;we were never really close. Yet, she included us in her will as the new owners of her southern plantation that was owned by our family all the way back to Civil War times.

I sighed as we drove deeper into forest around many bends. Basically we were in the middle of nowhere.My phone buzzed into pocket and my best friend,Jaime sent me a text.

[Miss you already. : ( ]

I almost cried at that one. Everyone at my old school thought there was something going on with me and my best guy friend,Jaime,but we were too close for that. I never thought of him in that way,ever! He was like a big brother to me and it devastated me to leave him in San Antonio. When I discovered we were leaving again I stopped talking to my parents for weeks. Before we moved to San Antonio when I was thirteen they told me that this was permanent,that they wanted me to have some sort of roots somewhere.

['Miss you too. I'll call u wen we get there.']

I turned off my phone not wanting anymore heart-wrenching texts or calls.

"There it is," My mother called out excitedly. I looked up fleetingly and even I was shocked. This large mansion-like house stood before us in the distance. White pillars stabbed the wrap around porch,giving it that White House effect.

"Wow," Dad breathed under his breath. I fake pouted as were rolled up the long driveway. We stopped in front of the door and stepped out of the car.

"It's like it was pulled out of Gone With the Wind." My mother cooed dreamily. I rolled my eyes at that. My mother was absolutely obsessed with Gone With the Wind. If she could be just like Scarlett O'Hara I bet you she would.

We walked in the house and we were met with very plush,very plastic furniture.I almost laughed as I watched my mother's face drop. We toured the rest of the house and found out that there were only seven open rooms in the entire house! (Not including bathrooms though,there were four of those.)

"Don't worry about it,honey. It's a fixer-upper,a lot of houses are." He kissed her temple and snuggled close to one another. My parents love being very affectionate with one another and have no problem presenting it to the whole world,even me. I left the love birds be and walked around the house a little bit more. A mysterious door stood in front of me. I reached out to grab the handle and the door creaked open making me even more freaked out about this house.

A group of stairs were behind this mysterious door and of course I made the trek up into the attic. My first thought when I saw this room was... amazing. This was probably the only place in the house that wasn't covered with ugly mid-century furniture. I walked around slowly sensing all of the creaks and bumps in the floor. It was the perfect room for me. The wide spaces,the exclusivity,the air.

I noticed an indent on the wall that resembled a bed frame. 'Well at least I wasn't the only one who ever lived here.'

Well,I'm most definitely not in Texas any more.

*********************************************************

The next two weeks were filled with yard sales,furniture, school registrations. Yes, two weeks here and my parents already put me into a school. I groaned as I fingered through my crazy curly reddish-brown hair. Today was the first day in no man's land's school. I fluffed my hair a bit and applied some eyeliner and lip gloss and headed down my staircase.

My room came out pretty well. It had a nice green theme that made it look brighter no matter what the weather was outside. I was halfway through the hallway when I heard a giggle.

"Lux,could you come here?" My mother half laughed. I shook my head and made it to the living room. The living had turned out very similar to what it used to looked like just with less crappier sofas.

"I know,I know should I get ready for school,but look,I already am." I presented my self showing off my combat boots and my Green Day t-shirt.

"No,it's not about that. I'm...pregnant!" My eyes nearly fell out of my skull. Some part of me wanted to crack a joke about them knowing exactly how to break in the new house,but the more rational side was going nuts. I wasn't in the least expecting to hear that. It wasn't like they were to old or anything but,really a baby! Why would they want to be parents all over again? Wasn't I difficult enough for them?

'10,9,8,7,6,5....' I counted desperately wanting to take back the last two minutes of my life.

"What do you mean your pregnant?" She smirked and gestured at her stomach. I stared at her blankly still not fully comprehending what exactly was going on.

"Your getting a sibling,Lux." My dad sighed frustratedly. I sank into chair and stared. Maybe this is what it feels like to be cationic. To feel so lost and hollow. I felt someone shake me and looked to see my dad standing over me talking very rapidly. I tuned in letting the sound slowly flood back into my ears.

"Wake her up,Patrick." My mother screamed anxiously. I began to blink to show my consciousness, but my ears weren't gonna settle for loud sounds right.

"Oh thank,goodness." They breathed in unison.

"How?" I stammered. I was collecting my sense back from the bottomless pit it was sinking into.

"How what?" My mother replied.

"How did it happen? How did this happen?"

"Well,I think we already covered that talk." My mother smiled. I shuttered and ignored that.

"I mean aren't you guys using protection or something?" They shrugged pulling the marriage card.

"Whatever, I have a school to get to,bye." I escaped out the front door and began my forever jog the extremely long driveway.God,how could they do this to me? Isn't it enough that they moved me away from my home,my friends. And now they're gonna throw a baby into the mix!

Well, at least I know now that nothing could be anything worse then that!

***************************************************

Well that was chapter one. I hoped you enjoyed. Now that I have 10 stories there will be a permanent uploading schedule that will soon come into affect. Comment & vote.

-Angel