Chapter Nine: Dazed and Confused

I woke up this morning with a major headache, but it certainly wasn't from having a drink. Someone's big foot had been consistently kicking me in the head all night long. I sat up slow nursing the lump on my head, when I saw her. Carson was passed out between the TV and the now empty rum bottle. Little twinges of a memory pinched my brain: a kiss, a touch, a moan... 'Shit,' I thought. Carson and I made out, and I liked it, I liked it a lot. But we were about to much more than making out if that girl hadn't interrupted. 'But would I have been that disappointed if we had?' I groaned in annoyance. This kiss is going to be the flipping death of me. I got up slow limping my way into the kitchen. On the island I saw a large plate of breakfast next to a cup of orange juice and an aspirin.

"I thought you girls could use a little pick me up this morning." I jumped when I heard someone talking, but when I turned to see who it looked like Natalie's mom.

"Are you Nat's mom?" She nodded softly and pushed me towards a chair and gestured for me to eat. I grabbed the fork and took a bite of my sausage before popping an aspirin into my mouth and drinking it down.

"Drank too much last night?" She asked sympathetically and I almost choked on my eggs.

"You knew they were drinking?"

"So does that mean that you weren't drinking?" I nodded my head swiftly. I was never good with other people's moms. I could barely handle my own.

"So what did you need the aspirin for?"

"This girl kept continuously kicking me in the head last night and, well..." I showed her my bump on my forehead.

"Aww,poor baby let me get you some ice for that." She grabbed an ice pack from the freezer and wrapped it in paper towels and handed it to me.

"Thanks...so, umm you are okay with them drinking?" I asked cautiously. But so far she seemed pretty cool for a mom.

"Well, what can I do? If I tell Natalie and her friends they can't drink, they'll just do it anyways behind my back. So if they at least do within my presence I won't have to deal with them being arrested or killed in some random back alley on the wrong end of town." I guess she was what some would call an evolved thinker, whatever helps her sleep at night.

I continued to eat more of her delicious breakfast when I heard some stirring in the living room. Soon, one by one a girl got up and joined me around the island with a plate in hand and an aspirin in their mouths. I shook my head and washed my plate and put my ice pack in the sink.

"Hey, did you like the party?" Natalie said thickly. I nodded briskly trying to conjure the bright spots (though there weren't many I could disclose) and I relayed them to her quickly making my way to the scene of the crime.The bathroom. I scooped up my duffel bag from the front hallway and went back to the bathroom.

More images and feelings flashed through me. The twinge in my spine when she touched me, the prickling in my shouldler when we lied on the floor. Everything I knew was changed in the timespan of twenty mintues, in a pale blue 9x11 bathroom. Of all the places in the world to kiss your enemy, it has to be in the freaking bathroom?! I groaned as I stepped into the room to change into my clothes. I was in between putting my top when the door was yanked open by the my co-conspirator in our sexual crime.

"Oh, I'm sorry." Carson blushed as she quickly glanced at my chest. I crossed my arms and looked at her, probing to see if she remember what happened.

"Carson, do-do you remember what happened last night." She looked at me for a second, I mean really see me for the first time we have ever communicated, and just like that the look was gone.