Chapter Ten: Confrontation

Do you ever get this feeling of dread when look at someone you really don't want to see? Well, that's how felt Monday morning when I knew I had to her again. I sat wallowing in Geneieve's diary for as long as I could. My mom came up occasionally to either try to coax me out of bed, or give me food when I wouldn't eat. Dad tried to talk to me in anyway possible, even cracking a few jokes to which I couldn't help but laugh at. But today was d-day and I was officially screwed. I tried to relax as I went through the motions of getting ready. I brushed hair lazily just trying to get the tangles out. I dressed in denim shorts and an over sized tee shirt. I slipped on my keds grabbed my bag and walked out into the world.

"Morning,sweetheart. You feeling any better?" I nodded and grabbed an apple.

"I got to go, I don't want to be late." I hugged her goodbye feeling her belly through her shirt. I hopped on the bike my dad purchased for me, after being tired of hearing me complain about my body aches and pains. I peddled fast trying to eliminate all the stress and confusion. It was pretty windy this morning so my hair kept flapping in my face. But hey, maybe I'll get that windswept look. I pulled up to the school locking my bike in the rack and barely skating by to get into class.

"Someone's cutting it close," My homeroom teacher chastised. I rolled my eyes and took my seat. I kept my eyes straight ahead to not catch any sight of her. But I could still see her in the corner of my eye trying not look at me. I sighed sadly and laid my head on the desk waiting for announcements to finish and for the teacher to release us.

The rang loudly in my ear signally our dismissal. I walked out fast wanting to dogde any confrontations. But I guess today wasn't my lucky day.

"Hey," Carson called out to me. I ignored her and walked faster trying to make it to the stairs in a good enough time. I was just about to make it to the stairs when I was wrenched to the side and stuffed into the supplies closet.

"Shh," She whispered in my ear. I pushed her off me roughly feeling the burning desire to slap her square in the face.

"What the hell?!" I whisper-shouted to her.

"I-I just wanted to talk to you, after Sunday." I rolled my eyes not believing a damn word she was saying.

"Why would you have any reason to talk to me? I mean weren't you so drunk out of your mind that you couldn't remember that we made out on the bathroom floor!" I gasped for air trying to calm down. She stared at me like she did before in the bathroom still confusing the hell out of me.

"I don't want to remember, Lux. It was just a stupid thing to do, and believe me I do shitty things when I'm drunk." I nodded slowly. "Why do you even bother with me in the first place then. Don't you hate me?"

"I thought I hated you, and I probably do. I'm just...confused." I rubbed my forehead slowly trying to find a way out of this mess.

"Look, just pretend that what happened Saturday night didn't happen. I'm happy with just-" But, then I paused. And as I thought an evil idea crept into my head. I thought about my original purpose for befriending Natalie, to get back at Carson. I mean if I twisted with her mind a bit in the process who could it hurt?

"If you really want to talk to me," I said slowly. "Then you need to find a place that isn't school supply room." With that I walked out of there as fast as I could just barely making it to my next class.

*********************************

I made it through the day by full out ignoting basically everyone. I answered any question when called on. The girls didn't really demand my attention at lunch so I got away with that. But, I couldn't stay away from Kiara of all people.