Chapter-21: All I Ask

"Nope I'm not meeting her", In-ha stubbornly sat on his looking away and out of the window.

"I know what she did but she's still my mother and I want you to meet her.", Mark ran his hand through his hair, every argument against her backfired and he felt helplessness against her unshakeable spirit.

"They clicked those pictures from here.", her eyes went from Mark to the window making guilt cover his thoughts. He placed his hands on his face and rubbed it with frustration.

"Look I'm sorry", he sat next to her but she instantly placed her hand on his mouth refraining him from speaking.

"You've been apologising a lot lately.", Mark looked away fearing she would look straight through his insecurities.

"I just don't want to upset you.", she sighed at his words.

"I can take constructive criticism and i hope you can too", he suddenly looked at her confused.

She chuckled at his confusion.

"I'll meet her", his face suddenly lit at her statement but she pointed her finger ,"On one condition."

"Anything"

"She has to apologise to Jackson", she said so fast that it even took her a moment to realise what she said.

"What?", Mark moved a little away from her before a humourless chuckle left his mouth. He gave her a disbelieving smile.

"And why would she do this?"

"After what she has done you're still defending her", In-ha stood up slamming her hands on the table beside.

"She's my mother In-ha", his voice boomed with anger, "And you're defending that Jackson. After everything that asshole did."

In-ha looked at him in disbelief.

"I know you're a mama's boy but you're blind as well.", frustrated she tried to leave the room when he pulled her back, stumbling she fell on the bed and Mark on top of her.

"You can't talk about her this way.", she tried to wiggle out of his grip but it only tightened.

"There's a difference between can't and won't but I will, all this time he suffered because of your mother. Only if she decided not to sleep around with her sister's husband she would've have been alive.", she looked away suddenly feeling overwhelmed.

Mark let go of her hands, perplexed at the sudden revelation, "They were having an affair", he spoke breathlessly making In-ha's eyes go wide.

"You didn't know?"

"Of course I didn't", she stood straight, closing her eyes tight feeling guilty all of a sudden.

"Why didn't tell me?", his eyes hard and voice cold as he spoke to her

"That's not my secret to tell", she held his hands in hers, "I thought you knew"

"And that I'll defend her for this?", he looked away hurt.

"No. That's why I started the fight", he gave her a weird look.

"You're weird"

"Absolutely", she flicked her hair and he chuckled suddenly growing quite.

"You've to talk to him", Mark nodded but said nothing.

"He must hate me"

"Hate is a strong word. He just loves you in a twisted way.", In-ha laughed when Mark looked at her weirdly again.

"Yeah 'Sleeping-with-my-girlfriend' twisted'.", she rolled her eyes at him

"Like I said in his own twisted way", she firmly stated making him peck her lips