Chapter-4: Half A Heart

"You ready to do this?", Mark asked Hei as he parked the car at the college parking

"Do I have a choice?", she said leaning her head back on the headrest taking a deep breath and letting it out.

"Let's do this"

Both of them got out of the car and walked inside together. People were looking at them like crazy with phones in their hands capturing their each moment. They were the talk of town right now. College was like a flood of cameras.

"I hate it"

"We have to keep up with it", Mark said holding her hand and smiling at her as people took their pictures.

On their way inside they bumped into Jackson.

"Dear cousin", Jackson said and Hei rolled her eyes.

"I can't deal with him", she said rolling her eyes, "If you'll excuse me", she said to Mark and went ahead to find Yug.

"Bye sister-in-law", he said dramatically behind her.

"What do you want Jackson?", Mark said annoyed by his presence.

"I just want to say thank you"

"What for?"

"For leaving In-Ha", he smirked and hugged Mark, "I had one of the best nights yesterday", Mark stiffened at his words pushing him back.

Mark couldn't help but rethink of the times when the same thing happened with Veronica but a smirk plastered on his.

"You're welcome to have my leftovers", he said tapping his chest and winking at him.

                                                           _________________________

Hei was on her way to find Yugyeom when she bumped into Jinyoung.

"I've been looking for you", Jinyoung said looking at her.

"Why?", Hei raised her eyebrows at him.

"We need to talk"

"Everybody needs to talk! Why can't you guys just accept the fact that I'm engaged now!", she snapped

"You called him a charity case. Is that all he was to you?", he asked and Hei could feel a wave of emotions running through her.

"Yes! You got your answer right? Now get lost or let me get lost", she muttered the last part to herself and left.

Jinyoung looked at her as she walked away and scoffed.

                                                       _____________________________

As she was walking inside Yugyeom waved at her from the table but she stopped dead in her tracks when she saw Jb and Hei sitting there.

Jb and her eyes locked for a brief second when suddenly Mark came from behind and wrapped his arm around her waist turning her around suddenly.

"I missed you babe", he said urgently and his lips were on hers.

She kissed him back.

From the corner of his eye Mark could see In-Ha and how her face fell when she saw then kissing. A smirk appeared on his face when he saw that.

He let go of Hei after a brief kiss.

"I missed you", he said smiling at Hei.

"That was sudden", she managed to say.