epilogue

"Luke David Dobrik," I said in an accusatory tone, pointing my finger at him menacingly. "What did you do outside?"

"Nothing, Mama!" the six year old Luke answered (or should I say, lied). Luke had only grown up to be David's clone, both physically and mentally. With messy brown hair, amused brown eyes, and a carefree and crazy attitude, I had it pretty rough. I was raising two Dobrik men, basically.

"You wouldn't lie to me, would you, Luke?" I asked, and he innocently shook his head, so cute that I almost believed him. "Stella! Stella Aaliyah Dobrik, get in here!"

Stella came bounding in, her wavy light brown hair and striking blue eyes held much more resemblance to me. She had chocolate smeared all around her mouth, and a guilty look on her face. "Yes, Mommy?"

"What were Luke and Daddy doing outside?" I squatted down in front of her, grabbing her jaw to make her look at me. She tucked her lips into her mouth, showing me she would choose to remain silent on the topic. I singsonged, "Stel, I've got a special treat for you if you tell me!"

"Chocolate?" her eyes lit up, further proof she was my daughter. She and I would both do anything for chocolate. I nodded to confirm her guess, and she finally spilled, "Daddy was playing with the flamethrower! And he let Luke play with it! And Luke was telling him where to point it! I didn't touch it, though. I know you don't like it, Mommy."

"You're a smart girl," I kissed her chocolate covered cheek, and grabbed a Dove off the counter, unwrapping it and placing it in her outstretched hand. "Thank you, Agent Stella! Mission complete!"

Stella ran off to her room happily, and then it was just Luke and I. Whenever I set eyes on him, he immediately burst into a fit of giggles and started running, me close behind him. He was fast, but not fast enough. I snatched him up from behind and pulled him up onto my hip, him still laughing like it was funny. "Luke, what does Mommy say about the flamethrower?"

"Don't touch it," he sighed after a few moments of silence. His lip started trembling, and all of the sudden, he was crying. "I'm so sorry, Mama. Daddy said it was okay. I'm so sorry."

"Shh, angel, it's okay," I bounced him on my hip to soothe him. "Just remember, if Mama and Daddy tell you two different things, always listen to Mama. I'm always right. C'mon, let's go find Daddy and give him a piece of our mind!"

Luke seemed to perk up at that, realizing he wasn't the one in trouble. I ventured into our backyard, where David was unsurprisingly locking up the shed that usually housed his childish and unsafe toy.

"Oh, hey, babe!" he acted surprised to see me, lightly patting the now locked door of the shed and then making his way towards the two of us. He squinted, "Have you been crying, Lukey?"

"We want to talk to you about the flamethrower," I spoke for the both of us. Luke burrowed his sweet little face into my neck, probably embarrassed that he was a officially a snitch. He never liked to get David in trouble, something that could become easily aggravating when David was almost always doing something wrong. "What'd I say about the flamethrower?"

"Only for special occasions, and only when the kids aren't home," David mumbled guiltily, sending a sneaky and childish wink to his son, who giggled in my arms. Boys.

"Right, yeah, now I remember," I nodded as if the information had just came to me. "It's a random Tuesday, and Luke and Stella are both home. Would you like to explain, or just apologize?"

"I'm sorry, beautiful. It'll never happen again, I swear," he cheekily snuck a kiss onto my lips and then onto the top of Luke's head. He leaned down to stage whisper into Luke's ear, "Until next time."

Luke laughed, looking up at me to see if I had heard the whisper-yell just a few inches from my ear. I pretended I didn't, which only made him giggle much harder. I set him down and said, "Go play with Stella. She's bored."

"You can't even see her!" Luke whined, and I laughed.

"We have eyes everywhere, Lukey. Remember that, okay? Now go," I patted his butt and he ran back into the house to find his little sister. I turned to David to say, "Seriously? That is, like, so five years ago."

"They love it. Have a little fun, Sloane," David laughed, lightly nudging me in the shoulder. "C'mon. Stella will pull Luke's hair out if he messes with her shit. She kind of reminds me of someone, you know? Cranky, irritable, selfish—"

"And the love of your life?" I finished his sentence for him, a confident smirk on my face. "Yeah, she reminds me of me too. Luke, on the other hand..."

"Funny, confident, beautiful—"

"And loud!" I finished. "Don't forget loud. And annoying, sometimes, though that's more of a you problem."

"Oh, is it?"

"Yes, it is."

"Is it really?"

"Yep."

"Do I annoy you?"

"Of course!"

"Are you sure?"

"David!"

And we lived happily ever after.

hi i know this is short (and unexpected!) ive been watching colleens vlogs with little flynn and i just miss my children, so i wrote this. enjoy!!! xoxo abby