16

"I don't think I like it," I said after I was turned around in the chair to look at myself for the first time. The hair was okay, or at least what I asked for, down with some loose, messy waves, but the makeup... was terrible. I felt bad saying I didn't like it since I had just met James a few hours ago and I didn't know shit about makeup, but I wasn't an eyeshadow wearer and the thought of it alone scared me. I thought it was a little much for my wedding.

"Are you kidding? You look sexy," Aaliyah reassured me. Her maid of honor makeup was more what I was going for, light and fresh looking.

"Do I not look a little hooker-ish?" I asked James and Aaliyah, the only two people who weren't hustling around, fixing their hair or getting dressed.

"I think you look sister spectacular," he told me, and it seemed honest, but I wasn't entirely sold. "I could change your lashes to be a little more natural, if you want."

"Yeah, can we try that?" I asked, then quickly added, "I'm so sorry. I just really want everything to be perfect today."

"Oh, don't worry about it," he smiled, slowly and carefully ripping off them off as not to disturb the warm toned, slightly smoky eye he had spent thirty minutes blending to perfection. I stayed silent while he put on my lashes, making sure he wouldn't fuck anything up because of my own actions. Opening my eyes once the new lashes were dried and in place, I immediately felt my confidence skyrocket. They were much more natural and fluttery and really completely the bridal aspect of my look. I was in love.

"Oh my god, it's literally perfect," I couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror, and now all I wanted to do was get my dress and veil on and be a bride. I was so ready to just be a bride. "Thank you, James, for everything. Never in a million years did I think you of all people would be at my wedding, let alone doing my makeup for it. You are fucking incredible, seriously."

"It's honestly been so fun!" he hugged me tightly and said, "Okay, I'm going to go get ready. When you're completely done, I'll see if you need any touch ups, okay?"

"Thank you so much," I said one more time, waving at him as he left the room and shut the door behind him. I turned to Aaliyah, and we squealed on cue.

"My bitch is gettin' maaaaarrieddddd," she singsonged repeatedly, prancing around the room while the other two girls were busy getting ready. They were all wearing their long, flowy peachy pink bridesmaid dresses, and each of them looked stunning. Zane was also with me, as I practically forced him to be my bridesmaid instead of David's groomsman. David had enough options; I did not.

"Ya gonna make me mess up my makeup," Zane said sassily, swatting the makeup brush that, literally, had nothing on it at her. He told us earlier he wanted to feel "in with the girls" but didn't want to actually wear makeup, so James gave him a clean powder brush and Zane had been brushing it over his face for the past twenty minutes. "How am I supposed to be the star of the show if you don't let me be beautiful?"

"Star of the show, bitch?" I laughed, standing from my spot to shed myself of the satin robe I adorned. "That's me."

"Is that the underwear you're wearing?" Corinna asked from her spot at one of the tables, and I nodded, giving myself a once over in the full length mirror a few feet away. "David's going to jizz his pants. Honeymoon ruined."

"That would be the best possible outcome," I giggled just at the idea, knowing it wouldn't happen. David took extra long showers a couple times a week, so I was well aware he wasn't holding anything back for too long. "Okay, can someone help me put my dress on?"

"I feel uncomfortable," Zane mumbled, standing up and grabbing my dress from where it hung on the hanger. "David's gonna beat me up."

"Todd deadass looked at my vagina the day I had Luke," I laughed as he unzipped it and held it out for me to step in. "I think you're fine, Zane."