3

It was two weeks after Luke's birth when I started getting irritated by David's presence. Not that I didn't love David and I was extremely grateful for his willingness to be in his son's life, but I could tell he was getting restless being at home all the time. There are only so many things you can shoot from the comfort of your own home (and quietly), and David wouldn't listen to me when I told him to leave for a night. I had to take matters into my own hands.

"Sloane?"

"Hi, Todd," I giggled into the phone after his confused voice answered. "I really need your help with something."

"Is everything okay?" he asked, worry prevalent in his voice. "Is Luke okay?"

"Oh, yeah, we're all good at the Dobrik-Carlisle house," I laughed, looking down at the sweet baby resting in my arms. "David's in the shower right now. He's the reason I called. I need you to get him out of the house tonight."

"What? Why?" Todd questioned. "Are you guys fighting or something?"

"No, it's not like that," I replied, gently beginning to rock my body when I saw Luke was coming out of his slumber. "I love having him here, but all he does is complain about his videos getting worse, and yet he won't leave us for five minutes to go film something actually interesting. I get he's trying to be a good dad, but Youtube is his job, and I'm not trying to lose the money he has because he's not willing to go do things without us."

"So you want me to what? Kidnap him?" he asked, and that's when the logistics of my plan came into question. The boys had invited him out a few times now, but David had always said no. Since Luke wasn't even supposed to leave the house until he was a month old, David didn't want to go anywhere until then.

"I don't know," I whined as quietly as possible. "I just want him to have fun. Not that he doesn't have fun with us, but I don't know. He needs to do something shocking. Make him do something shocking; give him the most clickbait possible."

Todd was quiet for a second, probably thinking it over, then finally sighed, "Okay. Do you have any ideas, or am I supposed to just figure it out?"

"I don't know. Take him to see Kylie Jenner or something," I shrugged indifferently, wincing when I realized it shook Luke awake. He didn't seem like he was about to start crying, so I carried on with my conversation. "I'm sure there's a party you can go to or something. And bring Trisha. She's good footage."

"David told us you didn't like Trisha," Todd responded in a confused tone, and I rolled my eyes.

"No, I like her. He's so full of himself; he thinks I'm, like, intimidated by her or something," I laughed although it was completely true. David had somehow gotten into his head that I hated him and Trisha hanging out together because she was always flirting with him. To hear that he told his friend group I didn't like her based on his own beliefs was a little annoying, but I didn't care that much. As long as she didn't try to beat my ass, I was fine. "He thinks because she hits on him that I want to fight or something, as if I'd care that someone flirts with him."

Todd replied with a chuckle, "He just wants you to be mad so he looks less crazy when he's mad that we flirt with you."

"I know," I giggled. "That's why I agreed with him. Anyways, will you guys take him out tonight?"

"Yeah," Todd responded. "We'll be there in a couple hours, okay?"

"Alright. Thank you, Todd! I owe you one!" I cheered, hanging up the phone with a sigh of relief.

David came back into the living room a few minutes later, dressed in his usual t-shirt and athletic short combination. "Hey, is he awake?"

"Yeah, we're watching Desperate Housewives," I told him, letting him take Luke from my arms and sit down next to me. "He totally has a thing for Bree Van de Kamp."

"I'm more of a Gabrielle Solis guy myself," David joked, then switched to his baby voice to talk to Luke. Placing a kiss on his forehead, he said, "Hello, baby. Did you miss Daddy? I missed you so much."

Luke, obviously, didn't respond, but he did smile. David added, "That's my good boy. Smile for Daddy. Is he hungry?"

"Um, I don't think so. I'll wait until he cries," I shrugged. "He ate before he took a nap."

"Okay," David replied, his eyes falling back onto Luke. "Mr. Luke, you are the most handsome man on the entire planet. I love you."

"You guys make me spontaneously combust," I smiled, placing a kiss on David's cheek as I stood to go change. "I'm putting on pajamas. I might make cookies later, if that's okay."

"I love cookies," David shrugged in indifference. "When later?"

"Um, about that," I awkwardly laughed, thankful I was tucked away in our bedroom and didn't have to deal with David's prying eyes. "You're going out with your friends tonight."

"No, I'm not," David scoffed, and I imagined him hugging Luke closer to his body. "I'm not leaving you here alone with him. That's not fair."

"David," I sighed, exiting the bedroom in only a sweatshirt. It was the only thing I got on before he started arguing with me. "It is totally fair, and I'm the one saying that. Let's be honest here, even after I graduate and get a full time job, you're still going to be the breadwinner. Youtube is your job. Doing fun stuff with your friends is literally your job; people pay to see your friends get drunk and do dumb shit. I get that you want to be with us, and I love it so much, but we need to be making money, babe. We have a child now. So yes, you are going, and if you don't, then Luke and I will go somewhere and you can throw a party here. Okay?"

"You are the most frustrating person I've ever had the pleasure of knowing," he commented with raised eyebrows, and I rolled my eyes, unable to fight the smile growing on my face.

"You love me, though," I singsonged, approaching him to wrap my arms around his waist. David smiled, leaning into me and letting himself melt into my arms.

"Yeah, I do. I think that's the problem."

woooooow. shanes video with alissa has me deadass crying with her saying "i tried for so long to change him....... i tried for so long" alissa i know that feeling girl...... corinna's little sister proved that

also im updating early bc i have issues ok i need attention

please vote and comment if u like!! xoxo abby