23

Archie

Let's start from that day. 

Where Betty, Veronica, and I all went our separate ways. 

That night, when the moon gleamed in the sky, a beacon of the night, I felt the closest I'd ever been to death. 

Not having anyone to love is a fate worse than death. 

So in bed, about two  months later, I decided that I wouldn't suffer, because I still felt love. 

Love for Veronica Lodge. 

And nothing, nothing, would take that away. I knew, somewhere in my heart, that she probably felt the same way. 

And I decided to call her. With shaking hands, I pressed the call button on my phone and waited.

"Hello?" I heard her soft but firm voice in the background. 

"Hey, Veronica."

"What do you want, Archie?" I could hear her sighing on the phone. "I'm not talking to you, remember?"

"I know. I-I know. And I also know something else."

"What?"

"That I was wrong. In everything I did. I shouldn't have broken up with you. I shouldn't have decided to leave you. I shouldn't have been angry with you. And I should have realized that you were mine, and only mine. Please, Veronica."

"Archie..."

"I wanted to tell you that-that I still love you. Unconditionally. Remember? And I miss you so much. And I love you, and I really want you--"

"I'm done doing what you want, Archie. When you said goodbye to me, I felt alone, and I felt empty. But you weren't there for me, were you? I wanted to stay with you, because I did love you, so much, but you just left me." A long pause, which felt like an hour long. 

"I-I don't love you anymore, Archie. I don't." All the air was sucked out of me, and a lump, the ones that really hurt, was forming in my throat.

I have a boyfriend. He's-he loves me. I love him. I'm-I'm not the Veronica I used to be, Arch. And I'm still hurt. I have to go. See--"

"Wait, wait, wait! How about this? If I can prove to you what you're missing, you have to come back to me. If I can't, then you can stay there, with your boyfriend, and your own life, and I'll forget about us."

"What do you mean, what I'm missing?"

I took a breath. "When you--left, I was writing an album. About you." She sucked air in through her lips.

"When I finish the album, I'll send it to you. You have to listen to it, and if it makes you cry, and I'll know, trust me, you have to come visit me. Once. I have to see you again, Veronica. You're the most important thing in my life right now."

"I-I don't know, Archiekins." I smiled at Archiekins. She was crying. I only listened, wanting to cry with her, but at the same time, happy to hear her one more time. 

She took a long breath. "Okay. Okay, fine. I'll do it. But don't think I cry easily. I'm not as fragile as a feather." She laughed softly.

"I miss you too, Archie. But I still don't love--"

"I know. I know. I'll talk to you later, Veronica. Bye."

When I ended the call, I started to laugh loudly. I had a motivation.

And that motivation was love. 

Ah, this chapter was like okay-ish, but I think it's kinda cute. I just came up with the idea. Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this, really. TYSM, we're almost at 4K guys! I love you all, and I'm so happppypypypypy you guys are enjoying it. Ugh I got my first pimple (i'm a teen y'all), and I'm crying. Dw i'm not one of those people who be like OH MY LOAWD I HAVE A PIMPLE AHGHRGH I'M NOT COMING TO SCHOOL, it just bothers me. Also, check out my story i just started, The Last Box, it's not a fanfic, just a general story. See ya laterrrr! How are y'all recovering after that Bughead kiss lmao :0

~mo