15

betty;

"Do you remember me kissing anyone?"

He turned away from me. "I-I don't know." I smiled.

"You do know. Who was it? Look, if it's like Veronica or something--"

"No. No. Definitely no. I really don't know, okay?" Then he turned to me. "Can you come with me somewhere, for like an hour or so?"

I wrinkled my nose. "Oooh, can't do that. Mom'll get mad." 

He made a pouty face. "Please? I like talking to someone." 

"Fine, Forsythe, but don't make me regret it."  I can't believe I was spending half the night with someone who I barely know. 

I called Veronica. I needed a cover-up story. "Hey, Vee. Can you cover for me, I'm with a friend right now, if my mom calls, can you say I'm at your house? For a project?" 

"Sure thing, girl, but tell me, who ARE you with? And why? Okay, is it like a drug dealer or something, in which case, HOOK ME THE HELL UP. Just joking, but who? Archieeee? A forbidden boy toy? A summer fling? A CIA agent? I. NEED. DEETS. STAT." I laughed. 

"None of the above. Just a friend. Bye Vee." 

"'Kay, love ya Bee. Byeee." 

I turned to Jughead. "Now where exactly are you taking me?" 

"You'll see, Elizabeth." 

He beckoned for me to follow him, straying further and further away from my home, but I didn't even notice. We talked about basically everything, from Cheryl (turns out he went to Riverdale High!) to Beyonce, and it never got awkward. 

I felt, at that little moment, as if we've known each other since we were little. As if we were a few steps away from each other for all of our lives, but a dark curtain was clouding our view of the other. 

Curtain? Sorry, I meant my mother. She hates anything to do with the Serpents. 

You know she and FP dated in high school?

"Betty? We're here." 

I gasped. We were in the area near Sweetwater River. In the cool night air, a calm wind blew across my face, and the mist of the rushing river brushed my face. 

But that wasn't it. A fire was waiting, and 2 logs sat across from each other. It was perfect. "I-Jughead-you didn't need to--"

"I come here all the time. Ever since my mom left..." I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Hey, I understand how you feel. Let's sit."

And that's when he started tearing up. 

"Betty?" I was in shock.

"Yeah, Jug. Can I call you that? I'm sorry. What's up?"

"Will you be there if I wanna talk to you?" I looked down.

"Of course, Jughead." 

"I'm sorry, I'm literally a mess right now, " he murmured, wiping the tears from his eyes. "It's been a while since I cried." 

"You think you're a mess? You should see my mom sleeping. There's a mess." He laughed. 

"Thanks, I guess, but one more thing." He turned away.

"I remember the person who you kissed."

"Archie, right?" 

"No." He was silent for a second.

"It was me."

apolojeez this was so short cri. anyways, i'm super hyped for summer break, WHO ELSE? getting SICK and TIRED of school. oh and it gets better and better, i have finals! *cries in spanish* but i am RISKING my finals grade to write this, so keep showering this book with love, and i gotta head out and cram my ass with material. bye for now, watters! (is that what you call people on wattpad? wattpaders? imma stick with that haha) oh watters! like staying hydrating watters! PERFECT! ok thanks guys :)

~Mo <3