12

forsythe;

The door opened. 

"Jughead? Betty?" Crap.

I withdrew, to see a red-haired girl standing in the doorway. 

"Ch-Cheryl. Hi." She stepped into the light, with a horrified expression on her face.

Then she smiled when I got off the bed. "Well, looks like we're all making out with each other, aren't we? All that's left is Jarchie!" 

I looked down. I hate parties. It was the drinks, Jughead. Nothing else. 

You have no feelings. "It wasn't what it looked like. You can't tell Archie. If you really value his happiness, you wouldn't--"

"Oh sweetie, who said I valued his happiness? But, because I'm so nice, I'll keep this--"--She pointed at us individually--"A secret. For now." And with that, she stormed out. 

The moment the door slammed, Betty and I looked at each other.

"This can't happen ever again. I'm too close with Archie--"

"Are we gonna have a Who's Closer to Archie contest here? I've been his friend since we were children, and I'm his girlfriend, so..." 

"Look, I'm sorry, but I'm not into you, so...um..." I inched my way off the bed.

Betty stood up and gave me a death stare. "You-you-you-ASSHOLE!" She stormed out of the room, the door swinging behind her. 

"IT'S NOT LIKE YOU'RE SUDDENLY IN LOVE WITH ME, OKAY?" I yelled from the room. I heard Betty laugh wildly. 

The rest of the party was a blur of lights, of a world which I didn't belong in. 

Dude, you're becoming an Archie if he was a player who wrote emo poetry. Yeah, yeah, whatever. 

veronica;

The fireworks were magical. We were sitting Archie's backyard, blankets and friends and carby food to accompany us.

 I swear, when I saw the sky light up, I forgot about everything that happened in the last week, with Archie and all that--

"Veronica?"

"Yeah, Kevin, what's up?"

"If you had one wish...what would it be? Like seriously?"

I sighed. "Probably for Archie to--"

A tap on my shoulder. I turned. 

"Veronica..." I parted my lips, which were suddenly becoming dry. 

"Archie." He managed a joyless smile. He opened his mouth, then shut it. 

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

Archiekins | 11:45 P.M.

Come with me for a sec? 

                                                                                                                Veronica | 11:45 P.M.

                                                                                                                 No. 

Archiekins | 11:46 P.M.

Please. I need to tell you something. 

                                                                                                                 Veronica | 11:46 P.M. 

                                                                                                                 Fine. Don't make me regret it. 

۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞۞

archie;

I can't believe I actually convinced her to meet me. 

veronica;

I can't believe he actually convinced me to meet him.

archie;

I motioned for her to follow me to the back, where the grass was cool on your feet. Only I knew where it was. No one else. 

I stood in front of Veronica, and I looked deep into her ernest, brown eyes. She blinked a few times, and then looked away. 

"Veronica," I grabbed her waist. She turned, cheeks flaming in the darkness of the yard. 

"WHAT, Archie? WHAT? Have you come back for me again so you can USE me and then DISCARD me because your heart's somewhere ELSE? I thought what we had was-was...real." Her voice became wobbly.

"I don't need someone like you in my life. Please. I don't need--" She broke into tears, tiny sobs which made me look down in shame. I pulled her in.

At that moment, when I held her, I didn't matter if we were friends, or if we were enemies who hadn't talked in about 2 weeks. 

We had come back home. 

To each other. 

awee i like the last line. but i'm sooo sorry that was an eventless chapter lol. thx for all the views and hope you like it so farrrr!

~mo