Chapter 109

(Loki)

I was unable to get out of their grasp. 

I was too weak. And I had given up. 

I had cried out in anger when that bastard mortal had taken over her body the same way he had done to mine when they took her from me. She was not theirs to have. Her body and mind were not theirs. 

They were hers, and hers alone. 

They forced me to my knees, and I winced as I hit the hard ground. They bent my arms behind me, making my back arch. I tried to break free, but I just didn't have it in me. 

Besides, isn't that what I had come out here to do? To die? 

I watched Anna carefully. Her back was turned to me at the moment, but I could tell she was struggling against the monster that was inside her. She turned around, suddenly, her eyes shut tight in pain, trying to regain control. She shook her head slightly, as one shakes water out of their ears. I could tell by the way that she moved that she didn't have control over her body. 

But she was fighting to keep control of her mind, to keep her sanity. She was stronger than I had been, but she wasn't strong enough to completely keep that son of a bitch at bay. She was losing. 

So this is how it would end? The love of my life being forced to kill me against her will. 

I hoped she killed Harry next, because he was the reason she was having to do this. Had he minded his place, Laufey would have killed me, getting his revenge and breaking the spell, and then Anna could have ran. Ran and hid from Hydra until she found a way to bring them down, or until they decided that she wasn't worth the risk, and were happy with the fact that I was dead. 

But he had ruined that. And now my dear, dear Anna was about to pay the price.