Chapter 44

(Anna)

I felt like an idiot. 

I had all this power. Amazing, wonderful power. I could have fought the guards off and made a run for it. If I couldn't have found my way out, I'm sure I could have found a place to hide. 

I should have known better. 

I knew a lot about the Norse gods because of my dad. Yes, he taught about them, but he really was obsessed with them. I knew all about Asgard and Jotunheim and Odin and his family. Everything. 

I knew what Loki was. 

He was dangerous and powerful. He was known as the Trickster God, but people shouldn't take the word 'Trickster' lightly. Not at all. Because the definition of a trick here on Asgard was practically a homocide attempt back home. He had the power of magic and illusion on his side. Plus, he knew how to fight in a battle. But one thing I had noticed when reading about Asgard, was that Loki was always slightly on the outside. He sure as hell wasn't perfect, but neither were any of the others. Thor was well-known throughout Earth by now, but before then, he'd been the older brother, the soon to be King. He was big and prideful, and never seemed to think before he acted. And then there was always the Warriors Three, Lady Sif, and Thor. It's like they came in a package. And there'd be that line that would say: Oh, and Thor's little brother tagged along because he had no life. It didn't matter how much of an asset he was. He was always the drummer to their boyband. But that wasn't even the worst part.

It was the women. 

So many women. Women who threw themselves at him and women he took. He might as well have been called the 'Obsessed with Sex God'. There were so many stories about how he slept with women left and right. And it wasn't like Earth sex . It was sex between gods. It was rough, and wild, and dangerous. Whether it was willing or not. 

And we were in his bedroom. 

I didn't move from my spot as Loki walked over to past his bed, his very, very huge bed and went to a large wardrobe that was black with gold designs covering it's doors. I watched, wide-eyed, as he took off his shirt and threw it to the side and reached for a new one. He had much bigger muscles than I imgained, and his pale skin looked as smooth as porceline. He kept his back to me as he put his arms through a tight-fitted dark green shirt that left his arms and shoulders exposed. 

I would be ready to fight him off if I had to. No way in hell was he going to come anywhere near me with his sex god hands. Nope, nada, no thank you. 

He reached behind his head and pulled the hair-tie out that had been holding up half of his ebony black hair. He shook his head slightly and then ran his hands slowly through his hair. Or maybe he did it fast, I don't know. Things were starting to move in slow-motion in my vision. His hair came to about his shoulderblades in even waves. It looked soft. He pulled up all of his hair into a loose bun in the middle of the back of his head and I saw him take a deep breath, his shoulders moving up and then down. 

"Will you quit standing there like an insolent little quim and come sit down?" he said so suddenly, it made me jump. I let out a breath I didn't know I had been holding and closed my mouth that I hadn't realized that had been open. 

He began to walk back towards a small, square dining table near a large balcony on the other side of the room. I slowly gained composure of my legs and walked that way as well, still holding the book tight to my chest. He met me halfway, and gingerly put his and on the top of the book, careful not to touch me. He tugged at it lightly, as if asking if it was okay that he took it. I loosened my grip from it, and he slid it out of my grasp. I watched as he walked the book over to a nightstand that stood by the side of the bed. 

I don't think he wanted anyone to see, but I saw him stroke the soft cover of his mother's gift affectionately before walking back to me at the dining table. I tried to hide my smile.