Chapter 65

(Loki)

"I beg your pardon?" This could not be happening. "So when Odin says that he took me in out of the kindness of his heart, it was a lie."

"No, Loki. It was very much the truth. He saw that he could save you. I know, he didn't do a perfect job. But he loved you as his son."

"No. No he did not. He loved me like a nephew he was forced to take in because his brother died." I shook my head. Anna was frozen beside me, clearly trying to figure this all out in her head.

"I'm only 19." She suddenly said. 

Lady Maleah looked at her, surprised she had spoken. "What?"

"I'm only 19. If what you say is true, then I should be around Loki's age. But I'm not. So how can I possibly be the child Odin created?" She had a valid point. 

"Laufey threw you to the cosmos. You were very powerful, even as a child, Anna. Your body shut itself down until it eventually found a place to live. Midgard." 

"So that means that none of my family was actually my family? That it was all a lie?" She looked hurt.

"No. It was love that brought you to your family, your father in particular." I rolled my eyes. Here she goes about love again. 

"But how did they find me?" 

"That part I do not know." She smiled apoligetically. 

"That also means that both of our biological mothers are from the demon realm. And that Anna is technically half Asgardian." I blurted out. 

"Yes. It does. Your mothers were very different demons though, which gave you your different set of capabilities." I put my face in my hands, trying to grasp all of this. But the same thought kept popping into my head over and over again. 

So I really am a monster. 

*************

(Anna)

I really just wanted to sleep. 

I hadn't planned on finding out my origin story. Much less, finding out that my origin story told me I was half and half Asgardian-Demon. And I was technically over 1000 years old. 

Okay. 

"So this means that neither of us, blood-wise would ever have ascended to any throne." I heard Loki say. It was more of a realization than a question. 

"Loki-" Maly started. 

"No. Don't." He looked angry and betrayed. 

"What about everything else though?" I asked. This story couldn't be over yet. 

"You mean the events that occured when the two of you touched? Or used to at least." 

"Yea. That." I said. 

She took a deep breath. I felt Loki beside me, his whole body tense. 

"What Laufey and Odin didn't know about two children made from this black magic, was that it comes with an extra price." She looked at us. "The two children are made to be enemies based on their Father's properties. They were quite literally made to be each other's enemies. Which is why when you use to touch, you would lose your breath, and why there was a black aura hanging around you. Your bodies, powers were fighting against each other, knowing they were supposed to fight."

"But-?" Loki stole the word right out of my mouth. 

"But, the demons didn't tell either of your fathers that their blood, was blood that was meant to be together. That's how demons work. They are pre-biologically set for each other. Quite soulmates."

"But they were both female." Loki stated. Good point. 

"Demons' blood works in a way that they know their offspring will be meant for each other. Per say, if Thor had a daughter with Sif, they would know that the son of another couple would be the soulmate for their child. That's how the demons work. It makes for so-called perfect breeding." 

So this is bad. Right? I'm getting mixed signals. On one hand we are enemies, on the other we are soulmates. It did explain a lot. But it didn't explain everything. I looked over at Loki, to see what he was thinking. He kept opening and closing his mouth, as if he wanted to say something, but didn't know what to say or how to say it. 

"So." I said. 

He looked at me, clearly at a loss for words. 

"I guess I'm supposed to love you and hate you." He said, smiling slightly. 

"Eh, sounds about right." I winked at him.