Chapter 102

(Anna)

We kissed each other for a long time. 

Eventually, Loki pulled away, saying that we had to get up. 

We got dressed, slyly sneaking in peeks of each other. He told me to dress in gear, just in case. 

And that's when I remembered. 

I took a gasp of air, feeling like an idiot for forgetting. "How long have I been here? How many hours?"

It took him aback, but he soon told me, "About 14 hours maybe?" 

I nodded my head, and looked at him guiltily when he asked me why. "Harry gave me 24 hours. If I wasn't back by then, then he said he'd send reinforcements." I hugged my gloves to his chest. 

"Well, that gives us a solid 10 hours then, doesn't it? And I figured as much. That's part of the reason I asked Laufey to come. Frost-giants are beatable, but they don't look human. So they may seem more daunting to our attackers. That and their strong and I don't give a shit if they die." He came over to me, finishing putting on his jacket. 

"It'll all end up alright." He said, pressing his lips on my forehead. 

I nodded my head. I wasn't scared of fighting. I expected that, and I was capable of that. 

I was worried about whose blood would be spilt. 

*************

As we walked down the hall the throne room, our hands intertwined, I asked him, "So what now?"

"I found our demon blood donors." Gee, thanks for letting me know that sooner, Loki. 

"You what?" I stopped walking, pulling on him. 

"They, and Laufey can help break the spell."

"How?" I asked aghast. 

"I don't have time to explain it all. Laufey will preform a spell on me, and the demon mothers have to be watching for it to work." He continued to walk, his usual skip no longer present. 

I just nodded my head and followed him. 

************

(Loki)

I wanted to kick myself.

Why had I brought her with me? I should have just told her to stay behind, tell her that I had to talk to Laufey.

Thor was waiting for us in the throne room. He bowed slightly to Anna, smiling at her. "It is good to have you back." he told her. I looked at Thor fondly, knowing that he would help take care of her. I'd asked it of him, but I knew that he would do it of his own accord.  

"Are they there?" I asked him. He knew what I was talking about. 

"The guards are retrieving them now. Laufey is also waiting." His eyes shined sadly. 

We began to walk, and Thor leaned in to whisper in my ear. "If Hydra attacks and the Frost-giants disappear, that's not going to end well for us." 

I rolled my eyes. I whispered something back to him, hoping that it would work. 

*************

Anna held tightly to my hand as we stepped onto the front steps of the castle. Laufey and a dozen of other Frost-giants stood to our right. We met them, I nodded my head at Laufey, and a nasty grin reached across his face. 

A few minutes later, we heard screaming and two women were being drug by guards towards where we stood. 

************

(Anna) 

I stood there, not knowing what to do. 

Suddenly, there were the sounds of two women screaming, stuggling against the guards that held them. I had to squint, but they were far enough away that I couldn't quite make out who they were or if I even knew them. 

"Who are they?" I asked, referring to the women. 

"Our mothers."

What? Our mothers were supposed to be demons, not human, or human-looking. 

As they got closer, continuing to stuggle, demanding to be let go, I saw who they were. 

I knew both of them. 

My mouth dropped open in shock, and my eyes grew wide. One woman was thin, and frail, white white-blond hair and a black pantsuit. The other was a larger woman, with graying brown hair and tanned skin. 

Standing before me was Mrs. Anderson and Lady Maleah.