Prolouge

(Anna)

Darkness.

I saw more of it than I did light these days. And I still wasn't used to it. And I was so out of practice with seeing sunlight, that if I did see it, I am sure my eyes would burst into flames and burn out of their sockets. My eyes were used to the dark, but not what came with it. I was not used to the unknown terror that sat in the depths, the noises I was sure I heard, or not knowing whether or not my eyes were closed. My heart and soul yearned for the light outside these walls. It yearned for the warmth, the clearness, the freedom.

The only light I knew these days was harsh and bright. It was the light that lit my nightmares. 

I'd like to say I don't feel the pain anymore, but the truth of it is, I feel it more every day. I can just hide it better now. Sometimes, I yearn for death. But what happens then? Is it rainbows and meadows full of flowers, or is it millions of ghosts moaning for the lives they wish they had done a better job with? The physical pain may go away, but what of the pain that sits in the heart? At least here, I knew what to expect, however horrible it may be, it was consistent. 

And I was not easy to kill. I'd like to say it was because I had a strong will, but the actuallity of it was that it is almost physically impossible for me to die. Joy. 

But if I could die....

Would I be released? Put at peace? Maybe. But if I died, would they just go and get someone else to torture. That is not something I would wish upon anyone. 

Well... Anyone except those who were currently torturing me. 

I don't regret what I did. Those sons of bitches had it coming. The only regret I had was that I didn't make their deaths last longer. But I hope that these people are praying I never have the chance to take revenge on them. Because I will. And when I do, they'll wish they had never laid their greedy little hands on me.

(Loki)

Oddly enough, I didn't want to destroy them. I only wanted to cripple them; watch them squirm. They took away my power, so I will take away theirs. I wanted to see how they reacted. It was a test. It may seem childish, but they never truly fought me, only caught me off guard. I wanted to truly fight them, when I was not under the influence of....

Nevermind that. It was not a subject I was keen to talk about. 

Ever. 

And if he ever came back into my life again, all hell would break loose. And would end up on top. 

I don't regret what I did. But I was not allowed to finish my work here. And they will pay for that; one way or another. I may have been under the influence of the power of the Tesseract, but it is my deepest desire to be King, to have people who bow down to me and my reign. I thought these primitive people would be so terrified of me that they wouldn't hesitate to disobey me. That and this wretched place held a special connection to Thor; and anything I could do to spite him was always on my to-do list. But I hadn't counted on the rest of his friends being so... Avengeful. I was not shown the power of this planet, I was shown the power of this planet's money. Without the funds they had been given, how would that day have ended? 

With Earth's destruction, no doubt. 

Then I could have built a new kingdom from the ashes and been King. 

But nOOOOooooo. 

That would have meant got the happy ending. 

And I never get the happy ending.